Want To Buy...Pono PKT-1 Koa Tenor

sonomajazz

Reaction score
Sad news according to The Ukulele Site (HMS)...

"Sorry, Pono has discontinued making this model.
PKT, Pono Koa Tenor, these were made about 4 years ago.
Aloha,

Zach"

Anyone have one of these just taking up valuable uke space??

Send me a PM...

Thanks

I have the concert size an love it. No radius? But a real beautiful black ebony freatboard!
Good luck in finding!

Pono has stopped building Koa ukes, and they don't come up for sale used very often. Perhaps, you could consider their Acacia models instead? Acacia belongs to the same family of wood as Koa and is said to have very similar qualities.

Pono has stopped building Koa ukes, and they don't come up for sale used very often. Perhaps, you could consider their Acacia models instead? Acacia belongs to the same family of wood as Koa and is said to have very similar qualities.

Agreed. Why would you want a discontinued model?

Uh...cuz it's pretty?

Fair enough!!
Here's a pic of my Pono PKT-2 (2 model has binding).
I like to think of it as a "poor man's Moore Betah" - 'cause from a distance (50 metres?) it reminds me of one of Mr Moore's plainer pieces.
Sounds sweet, very good intonation and note balance. Built like a tank ("over-built"? - it's all relative; great for gigs because tough and dependable). Pono pick-up sounds good and has good strong output.
I can understand why Mr Jazz would like to procure one like it.

Pono PKT 2.jpg

Attachments

• Pono PKT 2.jpg
    Pono PKT 2.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
I have a Pono PKT-1 and I love it very much. It is pretty, it plays very well and sounds quite nice too! There have been a couple of times I have thought about selling it, but the fact that it would be very difficult to get another one is what stops me every time. I took it over to Ko`olau / Pono last year and John Kitakis told me to never sell it :)

Fair enough!!
I like to think of it as a "poor man's Moore Betah" - 'cause from a distance (50 metres?) it reminds me of one of Mr Moore's plainer pieces.
Sounds sweet, very good intonation and note balance. Built like a tank ("over-built"? - it's all relative; great for gigs because tough and dependable). Pono pick-up sounds good and has good strong output.

View attachment 81680

"Poor mans' Moore Bettah"...at 50 meters...now that's funny...;)

Fair enough!!

View attachment 81680

Wow, really like this one...sell it to me now or I sic Donald Trump on you!!

Last edited:
Wow, really like this one...sell it to me now or I sic Donald Trump on you!!

Even from this distance he looks scarey!!
Is he the face of the New Politician in the Brave New World - all Twitter followers and no policies?
If he becomes President you can come down here to Australia and live in my caravan and play the Pono anytime you like, Mr Jazz.

Top Bottom