ARGH, Bought Another Uke

Ahnko Honu

Reaction score
Argh, Bought Another Ukulele on impulse a Waverly Street Pineapple, someone's going to KILL me!
51-01.jpg

51-06.jpg

51-05.jpg

51-07.jpg

beautiful

Beautiful uke man!

I love the style.

Question about the WS Uke Website:
Does anyone know if you can only buy the ukes that are under "currently offering" or can you special order the ones under "already sold"?

Beautiful uke man!

I love the style.

Question about the WS Uke Website:
Does anyone know if you can only buy the ukes that are under "currently offering" or can you special order the ones under "already sold"?

You can talk with Dave and order something custom-made. He has made a few "to order" ukes.

Awesome!
I really dig the unique styles he's making.

I'm assuming they play and sound good?

Mine was a "custom". He built it to my specs. Maple neck,back,sides,bridge, and fingerboard with a fir top.

Thank you for the compliments. I have a pineapple addiction, I'm also on the Mainland Ukulele wait list for their first Pineapple ukulele too. :rolleyes:
Being a woodturner I LOVE the look of spalted wood like sycamore, mango, banyan, spalting make a otherwise plain boring wood look spectacular.
I must add Dave is a hell of a nice guy to deal with. :)

Last edited:
that's a beauty!

beautiful uke..how does it sound?

I must say, we all suffer from UAS. or shall I say we are all fortunate to have UAS....

thanks for sharing,
Shawn

ukulelefriend.com

beautiful uke..how does it sound?

I must say, we all suffer from UAS. or shall I say we are all fortunate to have UAS....

thanks for sharing,
Shawn

ukulelefriend.com

Not in hand yet, coming in the mail hopefully within a week, can't wait, will give a report when it arrives. :D

Not in hand yet, coming in the mail hopefully within a week, can't wait, will give a report when it arrives. :D

It's all packed up and I'll send it out in the morning :)

Thanks, everyone!

This one was indeed on the "already sold" list for the past six months or so; the original buyer found minor fault with it (correctly) and sent it back, and I just decided to keep it. But then Ahnko Honu talked me into selling it :)

I've recently made jigs to build "figure 8" concerts, and I'm getting some new machinery in soon - hope to make a lot of ukes this year!

It's all packed up and I'll send it out in the morning :)

Thanks, everyone!

This one was indeed on the "already sold" list for the past six months or so; the original buyer found minor fault with it (correctly) and sent it back, and I just decided to keep it. But then Ahnko Honu talked me into selling it :)

I've recently made jigs to build "figure 8" concerts, and I'm getting some new machinery in soon - hope to make a lot of ukes this year!

Aloha Dave, Mahalo again, minor kine faults just add character just like in people. ;) I can't wait to get her in hand. (all ukes are female). Hope you build a few more pineapples too.

Woohoo!

That was QUICK! WOOHOO I got my Waverly Street ukulele in this morning's mail, sent Monday morning from Ohio, and here in Hawaii Wednesday morning, I am impressed! Dave did a excellent job crating, and I do mean crating this uke, I think a tank can drive over this box without damaging it. On opening the box I was thoroughly blown away not only by the quality of build but also the beauty of the sound. It came with piezo pick-up and I've already ordered a Danelectro Honeytone mini amp for it. This ukulele has a thin travel uke body which is different and cool compared to my other ukuleles. I am SO stoked, and the artwork on the top is done by Dave's Mom so double cool. When I get a decent camera that can post a video longer than 15 seconds I'll post a review and strum a tune. I LOVE my new Waverly Street ukulele, and highly recommend them to anyone looking for a quality great sounding made in USA ukulele that won't break your bank account. Mahalo a nui loa Dave, I'll be back for more. :D

Top Bottom