Hey, Denver area forumers!

greyghost

Reaction score
I'm going to be there for a conference this Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Are there any uke-related activities/good shops/etc. that I should be aware of?

denver folklore center on south pearl is the first one that comes to mind.

If you are going to be near any light rail stations you can drop off at the station near i25 and louisiana (?) go west a block then south on pearl. It might be more than a mile each way from the station.

Last edited:
denver folklore center on south pearl is the first one that comes to mind.

If you are going to be near any light rail stations you can drop off at the station near i25 and louisianna (?) go west a block then south on pearl. It might be more than a mile each way from the station.

Thanks for the tip! I just looked it up on google maps--it isn't far from where I'm staying!

Can't say I've been impressed with the few uke offerings at the Denver Folklore Center—hardly worth the trip, unless you want a kitschy, unplayable wall hanging. Instead, contact the Olde Town Pickin' Parlor out in Arvada, check if they have anything it might be worth the venture to see.

The main Denver and Boulder groups just had their monthly meetings, and the Lakewood-based Rocky Mountain Ukulele Orchestra rehearses on Sunday. Bad timing, I'm afraid.

Bummer. Well, I figured it was worth a shot.
Strumming by the hotel pool in the evenings isn't bad, though...

Last edited:
Top Bottom