Oh no, just when I thought it was safe...

H

Hippie Dribble

Having finally come to the end of my tether buying and selling ukuleles, I thought my mind and wallet would be free for at least a few months.

Until I started looking at Vintage Parlor Guitars and old books. s**.

I give up. There is no end to it.

Goodbye UAS. Hello VPGAS and OBS.

If I was a horse they'd shoot me.

:wallbash:

Having finally come to the end of my tether buying and selling ukuleles, I thought my mind and wallet would be free for at least a few months.

Until I started looking at Vintage Parlor Guitars and old books. s**.

I give up. There is no end to it.

Goodbye UAS. Hello VPGAS and OBS.

If I was a horse they'd shoot me.

:wallbash:

If we were horses, we'd have NBS (nose bag syndrome)!:rolleyes:

If we were horses, we'd have NBS (nose bag syndrome)!:rolleyes:

Haha!!! Sure thing. Beautiful things they are. I used to make ours up a grain mix each morning and man do you have to hold that bucket tight!!!

ROTFL
I have WSMFAS - Whatever Strikes My Fancy Acquisition Syndrome.
I fear it's a lifelong affliction;)

I just received a full custom built new bass guitar a couple of days ago. Selling another one tonight. I hope. ;)
It's tough, Jon...

I have an extensive paint sample collection if that makes you feel any better.

I've mentioned LBA in other threads. It's real. It's cured by death or imposed isolation but not by blindness nor paralysis nor even poverty. (The true LBAddict will resort to magnifiers and eyeglasses.) I've pulled myself past the 'frantic' stage but I still salivate at the prospect of glass sprinkled with pixie dust. Names swirl before my mind's eye: Asahi Takumar. Zeiss Jena. Tomioka. Enna. Nikkor. Kilfitt. Schneider. Tokina. Leitz. Komura. And so many more. But no, I forced myself to stop buying more.

And then, just when I thought I was safe, then came the mandolins and 'ukes. And the cuatros and charangos and balalaikas. Wait, no charango has me yet, and I can build balalaikas. But a shamisen may sneak in, and I can't have just one, oh no...

I've learned that fountain pens are popular among folks, here. I'm starting to be interested. Lol

I've mentioned in other threads that my ukulele acquisition syndrome has been replaced by u bass acquisition syndrome (as my signature can attest).

Yeah, I'm considering a parlor guitar and I've never even played one, LOL. I've been looking at the vintage one's on ebay. I may drive up to Titusville and try one at Goldtone. I've got my eye on the diminutive, new Ibanez with a solid spruce top as a starter. I have already "acquired" a few harmonicas. I only have one bass though and a U Bass is in my future as well.

My signature on UU used to be "I AM A WELLSPRING OF GOOD INTENTIONS."

Yeah, I'm considering a parlor guitar and I've never even played one, LOL. I've been looking at the vintage one's on ebay. I may drive up to Titusville and try one at Goldtone. I've got my eye on the diminutive, new Ibanez with a solid spruce top as a starter. I have already "acquired" a few harmonicas. I only have one bass though and a U Bass is in my future as well.

My signature on UU used to be "I AM A WELLSPRING OF GOOD INTENTIONS."
I've never played one either mate. How tragic are we?! Geez I hope the string spacing doesn't feel too narrow. About to pull the trigger on an old warhorse from the 40s and just hoping like crazy I actually like it haha. Pics to follow if and when I grab it... :p

The purchase could have been based on extensive research, sound demos, playability, straight neck, good condition frets and tuners, nice action and value for money. But it wasn't. It was based on the fact that brown and orange are my favourite colours and I liked the overall look of it with the F holes. Sadness. Tragedy. Hoping for a miracle. *hangs head and shakes it back and forth in unadulterated shame*

As Bluebottle of The Goons would say "Neeeheee You dirty rotten swine" I thought I had left GAS (pardon) well behind , but this article,coupled with a playaround last night of various styles of music has stimulated an interest owning in a guitar with a punchier sound to compete with the blessed fiddles , voila ....a parlour , compact for the pub , punchy in sound and the neck doesn't look much smaller than standard !!

Oh Bugger.

The new Ibanez has a narrow nut width, I think it's 1 3/8" which is a standard uke width. many are wider..a few up to 1 1/2"

very cool. I sold my last guitar a few years ago, a Gibson LG-3. the neck felt so huge after playing ukes it hurt my hand. I tried a Favilla dulcette [baritone body 6 stringer] but it was 2 strings too many and sold it too.

Top Bottom