polk-a-lay-lee

sukie

Aloha
UU VIP
Reaction score
So, I was at a musician's selling market today and someone was selling a polk-a-lay-lee. I had to buy it. Does anyone else have one?

pig_guitar-2_sm.gif
:confused:

OH, POLK-a-lay-lee, not Pork-a-lele... :D

What is it?

Man! That thing looks dangerous! Leave that one at home when you travel. It probably won't make it thru airport security.

Right now it doesn't sound. The strings are pretty bad. I'm going to have to be really careful with the tuning pegs. They're plastic and seem to be stuck to the wood. The neck may be off a little as the action is quite high. It's pretty cool looking though. I did a little research and it seems like if I ever will need spare tuners they'll run over $20 each.

i picked one of these up a few weeks back.. but it is sooooo old.. and not made of quality wood... the thing was so dry it was about to blow up.. i did my best to get it to "sound" but then just hung it on the wall.. it looks dope! but more just a prop.. i hope you get yours sounding.. post pics and vids if ya do!

polk a lay lee

I am also looking to sell mine to someone who is going to appreciate it. Original in great shape. I appreciate it, but unfortune, do not know how to play it.

I saw one at a goodwill for 8 bucks once. I was going to pick it up but decided against it because the neck was cracked all the way through and hot glued back together, including a nice gob over 2 of the tuning pegs...I still sort of regret not getting it, even as a wall-hanger...it was gone the next time i was there.:(

So, I was at a musician's selling market today and someone was selling a polk-a-lay-lee. I had to buy it. Does anyone else have one?

Hoosierhiver showed me one of those things when I stopped in at Mainland...I believe they were made for a furniture store promotional deal but he would know more about that...:D

I saw it when I was at Mainland also. His is in better shape than mine. But it is like it. I finally got the tuning pegs to move, but if you've seen my Elephant Town video you'd know that. Sorry.

Cool Axe!!!!

So where is this Musician's Selling Market?
How often are they open and what are thier hours??

yes.I have one that camefrom an English friend who has sinced passed. Nice item.

So, I was at a musician's selling market today and someone was selling a polk-a-lay-lee.

By the name (and the Minnesota location) I was envisioning some impossible hybrid of an accordion and uke. How cool would that be? Call me disappointed ; )

By the name (and the Minnesota location) I was envisioning some impossible hybrid of an accordion and uke. How cool would that be? Call me disappointed ; )

I was expecting it to have a lowhole ontop of the intergrated accordion i also was disappointed thats not the polk i know!

Top Bottom