How was the Festival in Oahu?

Wonderful. Wllie K absolutely blew me away. Ukuleles For Peace were great. Both Ohta's gave their usual spot on performances. Jake's set was short but Jake is Jake. Beautiful rendition of The Jackson 5's I'll Be There. He was joined by former bandmates from Pure Heart. I was very impressed by Lopaka Colon on percussion.
Roy Sakuma gathered an impressive list of performers. The kids groups were great. I have 2 cousins who are part of Roy's school and Roy is just the best motivator, teacher and ambassador of the ukulele. Congtrat's to Roy!!!!!!!

Wonderful. Wllie K absolutely blew me away. Ukuleles For Peace were great. Both Ohta's gave their usual spot on performances. Jake's set was short but Jake is Jake. Beautiful rendition of The Jackson 5's I'll Be There. He was joined by former bandmates from Pure Heart. I was very impressed by Lopaka Colon on percussion.
Roy Sakuma gathered an impressive list of performers. The kids groups were great. I have 2 cousins who are part of Roy's school and Roy is just the best motivator, teacher and ambassador of the ukulele. Congtrat's to Roy!!!!!!!

Sounds so fine! And both Ohta's! You must be so proud of your cousins! Thanks so much for sharing your impressions; I hope that I'll get to one of these soon!

Great day - again. Great meeting you, peanuts. Spent most of the day until Willie K in the back tent at HMS, talking story with a load of UUers. What a great bunch of folks! And major mahalo to Andrew for having the tent again.

And yes, Willie K is an amazing musician and entertainer. Jake was special, as always. And Pure Heart was a thrilling addition.

I got to go to a rehearsal for the Willie K strummer group on Saturday morning and listened to Roy talk (and Willie K play a bit too). Roy is just a great man and a great guy. He told a story about letting mean words just pass through you, instead of taking them inside and making them part of you. He said he just lets mean words pass by. I thought about testing him on this, but I could not think of anything mean to say to this splendid fellow.

Folks, if you haven't been to Uke Fest yet, make a plan for some year. It's great. Except for the sudden flareup of UAS . . . .

Forgot to mention in my original post that I got to meet two UU Members. I had a long conversation with Greenie44 at the HMS Booth and also met MMStan. Both are very nice guys and they got a chance to meet my wife and a few of her cousins. I forget the name of the group that followed Jake. They are from Japan and they were excellent. Anyone who can follow Jake and put on the kind of performance they did deserve a big round of applause.

Forgot to mention in my original post that I got to meet two UU Members. I had a long conversation with Greenie44 at the HMS Booth and also met MMStan. Both are very nice guys and they got a chance to meet my wife and a few of her cousins. I forget the name of the group that followed Jake. They are from Japan and they were excellent. Anyone who can follow Jake and put on the kind of performance they did deserve a big round of applause.
It was a pleasure meeting you and your wife and her cousins, and all who attended. .it was a great day

Top Bottom