PDA

View Full Version : More with the questions.

Buiietbob
07-20-2015, 07:56 AM
I just bought a Makala concert.I might have went to heaven.I love it,the strings are tight,not floppy,sounds great,not clunky because of floppy strings.I now can get on with learning to play instead of trying to get my uke to sound like a musical instrament.
My question is what strings do these ukes come with? I am going to use these till I can't but I don't want to lose the sound I have now.I would like to have a set on hand for when the time comes.
Thank You.

the.ronin
07-20-2015, 09:04 AM
I can never be 100% certain sight unseen much less sound unheard but in there is a good chance that if they are black, they are GHS strings, and if they are more white, they are Aquila.

kohanmike
07-20-2015, 06:34 PM
Post a photo, that will help.

PhilUSAFRet
07-20-2015, 09:04 PM
If you look on Kala's website, you will see that different models have different strings. Some black, some white. While Aquila often produce best results with all laminate ukes, they do not always do so. Which model do you have? Buy it new? The Makala's are a good value in their price range.

Buiietbob
07-21-2015, 07:08 AM
Thank you for your reply.I bought my Makala NC-1 new on Friday two weeks ago.I am so happy with it I could just toot.It plays really easy and has a tone of a high end guitar(for it's size).Other than my mouth harps it is the only new instrament I ever bought.
All the strings are unwound and they are white.

Rllink
07-21-2015, 07:36 AM
There are so many different strings, and so many opinions about them, that asking that question is like firing a cannon in an avalanche zone. I'm surprised you have not gotten three or four pages of responses. I bought that same uke to start with. I've gone through four or five sets of Aquila Nylgut strings on it. I have no idea if they are the best, or not. They work. That is where I would advise you to start, because you have to start somewhere.

Moore Bettah Ukuleles
07-21-2015, 08:32 AM
Thank you for your reply.I bought my Makala NC-1 new on Friday two weeks ago.I am so happy with it I could just toot.It plays really easy and has a tone of a high end guitar(for it's size).Other than my mouth harps it is the only new instrament I ever bought.
All the strings are unwound and they are white.

I've set up over a hundred Makala ukes for schools and they've all come from the factory with black strings. The fact that yours are white leads me to believe they are probably Aquilas. I could be wrong though.

the.ronin
07-21-2015, 10:14 AM
In all likelihood they are the Aquila nylguts ... http://www.juststrings.com/aqu-acrc.html

Give them a try (but give them a few days to settle) and see if they are the ones. Just save the strings you currently have on there.

Fleacia
07-21-2015, 11:13 AM
The salesperson where you bought the uke might know. Otherwise I'll add my Aquila guess. Congratulations, enjoy playing and learning! :)