NU(FM)D: Concert Fluke!

hendulele

Check your fleas
UU VIP
Reaction score
Just arrived in the mail: My slightly used Fluke M10!

(image ... rotation ... needed)

Found on eBay, the original owner modified the bridge to lower the action. The strings are settling, but I like very much so far. I figure if the bridge mod doesn't suit me, I can fill with super glue or a string spacer and it'll be all good.

I'll post a sound sample once the strings (Oasis -- first time I've tried them) settle!

:)

Attachments

• IMG_0942.jpg
    IMG_0942.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 33
Great uke, the Fluke. I have mine tuned down and I think it sounds even better that way.

You might be able to just replace the saddle. When I changed strings on mine recently, I was surprised to find it had a separate saddle as my Flea has a one piece moulded bridge assembly. Worth checking. If it does have a separate saddle, it will be worth contacting the makers as I am sure they will supply you with a replacement then you know you have the right fit as their setup on new instruments is usually spot on.

Last edited:
Great uke, the Fluke. I have mine tuned down and I think it sounds even better that way.

You might be able to just replace the saddle. When I changed strings on mine recently, I was surprised to find it had a separate saddle as my Flea has a one piece moulded bridge assembly. Worth checking. If it does have a separate saddle, it will be worth contacting the makers as I am sure they will supply you with a replacement then you know you have the right fit as their setup on new instruments is usually spot on.

It sounds fine so far, Geoff, but that was my backup plan. I had a problem with the "zero fret" on the "C" slot of my Flea being so wide that a set of slender strings caused a buzz, and Dale sent me string spacers. They ended the buzz immediately. I'm a big fan of the customer service at the Magic Fluke Co.

Top Bottom