Kinnard Concert Mahogany Cutaway with Tobacco sunburst finish

Status
Not open for further replies.

caukulele

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
For sale is my Kinnard Concert Mahogany Cutaway with Tobacco sunburst finish.
I am selling my John S. Kinnard Concert Cutaway Ukulele. It is a Series II in all mahogany with additional options including cutaway, full body tobacco sunburst finish, peghead tuners and K&K Aloha Twin Pickup. It was made in 2014 and is in excellent condition.

It is currently set up with low G and has an incredible sustain, a sweet, clear tone. Included is the Uke Crazy case. This uke is a wonderful uke, extremely beautiful with a voice to match.
Only selling due to finances, and I am playing tenors most often, and I also have another, wonderful Kinnard tenor, which I am not selling.
I am not interested in trades at this time.
Selling for $1,600 for the uke and case, with shipping included in the price. Would like to sell only in the U.S., through Paypal.
(Also, I would love to sell this uke locally (cash) for $100 less, due to saving the shipping cost and paypal fees)
DSC04044.jpgDSC04053.jpgFront 1.jpgFull.jpg

Last edited:
Oh my this is an amazing uke... what no takers. you've got to be kidding.. must be private pm's

Yes, Stan....this is a beauty! John really does an incredible job on all the details and the sunburst finish almost glows.... If I didn't have another Kinnard Uke, I would not be selling this one....

Price lowered to $1,600 for the weekend. Also, I would love to sell it locally...so if anyone is in Northern California, and would like to check it out, please pm me. I would sell it locally for $100 less (to save the paypal fee and shipping fees and hassles) I think that whoever picks up this uke in person and strums it, will fall in love with it.

Somebody grab this. Kinnards are fabulous instruments (I've played 20 of them!) and @caukulele is a pleasure to deal with.

A few people have asked me for a sound sample, so I did this quick try tonight....My playing and the recording are not the best, but it gives an idea.... It is currently tuned F#, B, D#, G#, as I usually like that tuning better on my ukes, but it sounds wonderful also with standard tuning. (This is a sample without the pickup...just natural sound)

Last edited:
This is a terrific deal for someone. Kinnard ukes are top of the line, all us Kinnard owners know this. : )

Someone asked about the size of the neck and comparison with the Collings. They are actually quite similar...., both 1 3/8's to 1 7/8's fret board, but the Collings has 12 frets to the body and the Kinnard has 13 frets to to body. The Kinnard is a hair longer, and as you can see form the sides..the necks are very similar. The sound hole on the Kinnard is a little larger, ... Both are wonderful ukes, very playable with a slight radiused fret board.....it was actually hard for me to decide which one to part with, as I love them both, and they are both exceptional in my mind...but the Collings is older and I have a second Kinnard tenor, but only one Collings....DSC04100.jpgDSC04104.jpg

I have played this uke and it is everything that caukulele says it is and then some! It's a great buy at this price and very tempting if I didn't already have a Kinnard concert.

Mitch

There are only two things stopping me from jumping on this now -

- I'm a tenor guy and
- I'm picking up a Kinnard mahogony sunburst tenor tomorrow from HMS!

Can't wait!

This is a terrific deal for someone. Kinnard ukes are top of the line, all us Kinnard owners know this. : )

I'll second that.

Yes...as Craig said :"This is a terrific deal for someone. Kinnard ukes are top of the line, all us Kinnard owners know this. : )".
Thanks for all the great comments.
A few people have asked how it sounds in standard tuning, and it is fantastic ....it's just that I usually keep all my ukes in Bb tuning, as I like that range. This uke can be tuned however you want and will still sound great.
Also, I just can't go any lower with the price....it is an incredible deal as it is...
This is one fantastic uke!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom