Tommy Rodriguez Mahogany Soprano Ukulele

Status
Not open for further replies.

caukulele

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
For sale is my Tommy Rodriguez Mahogany Soprano Ukulele- SOLD
This is a wonderful, classic soprano, with a full, sweet, beautiful tone, and a satin finish.
It was built with 80 year old mahogany. The fret board is 40 year old Brazilian rosewood. The Dot markers are 30,000 year old mastodon ivory. Nut and saddle are from 100 year old ebony piano keys.
Peghed tuners with 4:1 Gear ratio
Comes with the new O’ahu case
It was built in 7-2013, and is in great condition. It has a few minor nail marks in the upper bout, but I was not able to photograph them.
I am only selling this uke for financial reasons and because I rarely play sopranos. I am not interested in trades. Would like to sell only in the U.S., through Paypal.
Asking for uke and case, with shipping included in price.
Here is a link from HMS with a review and sound sample of this uke.
http://www.theukulelereview.com/2013/10/18/tommy-rodriguez-soprano-ukes-review-video/
DSC04058.jpgDSC04063.jpgDSC04079.jpgDSC04083.jpgDSC04098.jpg

Last edited:
I'm lucky enough to own a Tommy Rodriguez made out of a hundred yr old piano...old hickory, spruce, mahogany and rosewood. They are great Ukes!
I remember watching the video of this uke when it was originally for sale and drooling!
Good luck with the sale!

Good heavens, Denise, this is lovely! I do play sopranos, and this sounds different from my mahogany Pohaku.
It's soooooo very appealing.

Yes, Ginny and Glen this is a very special uke.... In fact it is so nice, that I just can't justify keeping it when I play sopranos so little. I also love the fact that it's made out of old wood and has so much history in it...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom