Need help finding a part

jjdejd

Reaction score
Trying to find a black nut 1 7/16" wide for my KoAloha concert. Uke was built in 2002. The slot for the 1st string is too large and the string is hitting the fret. Contacted KoAloha, but didnt hear back, I think they are a little busy with their anniversary. Thanks.KoAloha.jpg

You might consider a repair vs. a replacement on this. It looks like the finish overlaps onto the nut. You'd have to carefully cut the finish with a razor edge to get the nut out. And you never do know if a nut is glued until you try to pull it out. It's likely that most are glued but how much glue is used is a wildcard. I use a tiny drop just to hold it in place if all the strings are off. But I've seen plenty that are seriously glued in place. That could make life difficult.

A good repair person could fill and recut the string slot. Might be good to try that before fitting a replacement.

CA glue comes in black, you might even add ebony dust with it (but it is not necessary).

Alternatively, cut out a little square of black paper and use it as a string shim in the slot.

CA glue comes in black, you might even add ebony dust with it (but it is not necessary).

Alternatively, cut out a little square of black paper and use it as a string shim in the slot.
Thank you.

Top Bottom