Need help identifying this banjo uke

Captain Simian

Reaction score
I just won this on eBay and the style looks familiar to me but I can't quite put my finger on exactly who made this. I won't actually have it until next week, these are pictures from the auction.

Unknown%20Banjo%20Uke%2001_zpsmv4ghx58.jpg

Unknown%20Banjo%20Uke%2002_zpszlstdiuq.jpg

Unknown%20Banjo%20Uke%2003_zpscfisuhrz.jpg

That's what I was thinking initially but now I'm not sure. I'm starting to suspect it may be a parts uke because all of the older ones I've seen so far haven't had birdseye maple rims. My theory is it's an older Oscar Schmidt or Harmony neck on a modern rim.

Lots of old banjo ukes from different makers with stars on the headstock. Headstock shape might be more indicative of the maker.

Vega made a few Melody banjos Style F. You have one of thousands of unmarked banjo ukes made in the 1930's to 1950's that several companies made for retailers which often put their name on the instrument instead of the manufacturer. Near impossible to find who the maker is which could be Regal, B&J, Lyon & Healy, Lange, Stella, Gretsch and American Conservatory (Lange)
I have one like yours and it too is unbranded. I'm certain it's not Slingerland.

Phil

Top Bottom