For Sale: Toda Concert

elliottauk

Reaction score
Grudgingly up for sale is my Toda concert Uke.

I'd been longing to try a Toda and had a feeling I'd be playing more concert, but while I've no regrets about Toda as the quality and sound is up there with my LFDM and MB, I simply can't get my fingers happy with the concert scale, so it has to go.

The uke has spruce top, maple sides, koa and maple back and koa pick guard. It is in perfect condition with no dings or anything. It really sings, or at least it will do in the hands of a more competent player. Sizing is the only issue, and I'm sure a Toda tenor will find it's way to me one day, when funds permit...the one in stock at HMS is pretty special!

I'm based in the UK and I'd prefer a UK/EU sale if possible, but happy to talk shipping further afield. I'm looking to clear £1,000 which equates to around US$1,550, plus shipping. PayPal is fine, if you take the fees. I've got a couple of good UU deals I can reference, plus good deals on TGP and a perfect ebay seller rating I can refer people to.

I'm struggling to upload photos from my phone, but please PM and I can send these via email (including the obligatory username and date photo). In the meantime I've attached the link from when I purchased it myself.

http://www.dolphin-gt.co.jp/stock/6617eb/

Andrew

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 237
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 181
Last edited:
That's a sweet looking uke, and a sweet fingerboard! Good luck with your sale!

Selling ukes seems harder than buying. Happy to listen to reasonable offers to save this going to eBay!

Andrew

Selling ukes seems harder than buying. Happy to listen to reasonable offers to save this going to eBay!

Andrew
Aint it the truth. Good luck with it, Andrew. It's stunning and has a nice crisp, clean tone. Just out of curiosity, what's with the "NY" on the board?

I had a Toda. Really great tone -- almost sounded like a lute in a way. Not sure that recording is the best representation of a Toda though. I think it sounds better

Andrew

Hang in there, Andrew. Six months ago, Toda was featured at HMS and everyone was licking their chops for one. These things come in waves...it'll come back around for this notable instrument brand.

I've had better luck selling in the wintertime, in case you are able to hold out.

Cheers!

@Hippie Dribble - I actually have no idea! It came to me with it and my curiosity never overcame the language barrier in questioning it. Maybe a fan of New York, maybe a Swede celebrating their new uke....

@Stevelele - I agree with your comment about the sound sample, but my playing and technical expertise would combine for something much worse if I tried myself!

@coolkayaker1 - Thanks for the support! I'm lucky that I'm selling through self-discipline rather than necessity right now, so if it takes time that's no problem. Having said that, I'm keen to downsize so if this doesn't go some of the others may find themselves in the block. A harsh process but ukes need playing.

Weekend bump and price drop to £1,000 /US$1,550 plus shipping. One week then I submit myself to trial by ebay!

Now on the dreaded ebay...

There will be first chance on one of my LFdM tenors on here soon though, so watch this space!

Argh, no, too soon! I just bought a custom uke. Don't you want to hang onto your LFdM til next year?? Haha, I'd love to get it, but good luck with your sale!

Quick get a small loan or something Dan! Lol

Thank you! I've been very lucky to have some beautiful ukes, but now is the time to bring things under control and focus.

It looks like the fretboard has initials inlayed? Can you post more photos of the fretboard and some of the back & sides?

Quick get a small loan or something Dan! Lol

Haha! You said it, Simon. I might find out how bad my UAS really is!

And Elliot, thanks for sharing these ukes with us. I hear you about when it comes time to focus.

I don't see it on dreaded ebay. how do i find it?

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

As requested, some more photos. Apologies for the child kit in the background, my daughter is another reason for rationing the collection!

If anyone wants to talk LFdM before I list then feel free to PM me. I'm blessed to have two but I think only one can go.

@stevelele - I don't think I'm allowed to link to ebay but my username is overy1 if you try searching that way. I'm on UK eBay so you might need to search international. It's got a low start price but I'm still happy to talk about a deal here if people want to PM me.

Top Bottom