Gosh, it's here ...

Mivo

Reaction score
After only needing five days for the 14,500 kilometers journey from Australia to Germany, and then taking a full month to make the 100 miles from Frankfurt to me (held up by post strike, ornery customs, backlog post), it just arrived.

NUD soon. ;)

(Almost afraid to open the package because I worry it may have suffered.)

I'm so glad it finally arrived! I hope all is well inside the case. Fingers crossed!

If the temperature is OK, open it up. We're waiting......

I think it's fine! (Need to finish work first, which right now is very hard.) Had to take it outside of the room so I don't keep walking over to it. I'll say that it looks even better than in the photos -- darker, richer, very precious. I'll also never question the difference between a higher end luthier-made ukulele and an off-the-shelf instrument ever again. The difference is so obvious "in person".

I also threw over board my decision to never again import an instrument from overseas. When I eventually get my "ultimate" soprano (not soon!), I want Allen to build it.

OK, work! (Action is very low, Laura, by the way! I worried unnecessarily.)

Yay! I'm glad it's okay! Looking forward to the NUD post. :D

(I think I must like my action lower than most. I plan to take the saddle down a teeny bit, and do it myself. Sorry if I worried you!)

You know I am extremely happy for you but...........no pictures, didn't happen :p

Pictures are the holdup! Dug up an old digital camera that no longer worked. Tried iPad Air 2, looked pale. Might borrow my neighbor's camera, but if that fails, you'll get the iPad photos after all. (It is sad that I am seriously considering to buy a camera just for good pictures of this uke!)

Top Bottom