Vacations and ukuleles... Pics please!!!

Uke Republic

Reaction score
Its been a while since I've had a chance to post and just wanted to say hi.
This has been a fun summer and so far and we have chalked up the miles. In June I had a great vacation/work (it was still great)week and of course we took instruments. Heres a pic in Florida.
Got any vacation uke pics?ohana sk28 in fl.jpg

I meant to take pics but somehow... anyway, we left on the last trip with one each guitar, mandolin and tenor 'uke. We returned with those plus a tiple, Puerto Rican cuatro-prima, mandola, three more mandolins, and four more 'ukes. And another tenor 'uke arrived a few days later. It would be a full picture. Good thing I skipped the zithers.

Last edited:
I pretty much know what an ukulele is, but WTH is "vacation?"

I took my OXK camping in Kentucky. Here it is with some hand carved walking sticks found at a flea market on the Country Music Highway outside of Ashland.

Attachments

• OXK camping.jpg
    OXK camping.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 84
Just for the heck of it here is a vid I did when I first got really excited about the ukulele. I went down the beach and asked different people if they would like to play. Plus asked people in my neighborhood. It was very fun and a nostalgic vid for me :) From back when Aldrine would have contests here on UU.

image.jpg

Taken earlier this year in Dorset UK

image.jpg

... & a little later in Surrey

Pic taken on the last day at Maui last Feb after spending 12 days down at Hana.

maui tattoo #2.jpg

Well hardly a vacation but I took my uke into hospital when I had my knee replacement 4 weeks ago. It helped a lot with thinking about something else except the pain. Hospital staff and other patients would come into my room and listen to me play. They were kind with their comments and it picked my spirits up.

image.jpg

I brought my Bob's Burgers-themed ukuleles to Comic-Con and "just happened" to have one of them in hand at the Q&A line for the show's panel. My question was about something else, but the ukulele got a nice response.

chris_sdcc15.jpg

CN-tower.jpg Taken this morning in Toronto from my hotel window. It's my Martin 2k concert. Petey

from up in Colorado visiting my family and grandson with his Shark from ukerepublic...
ukerjake.jpg

In the main square of Prague yesterday with my KoAloha soprano.

image.jpg

Last edited:
Hi UU

Essential fossil hunting kit for the Jurassic Coast.

One fossil just in case you don't find one - you can pretend...
One drink for drinking and size comparison, just in case people don't believe you that ItsyBitsyUke is pocket sized...
One ItsyBitsyUke to while away the summer day by the beach... Bliss...

Regards

Uk-Al-lele
Itsybitsyuke@Gmail.com

DSC_0452.jpg

pbagley - Is that the famous Rainbow Bridge? I've saw it on the TV in a documentary about.

Stunning photos everyone, you wont get much from me as I don't have a passport, nor travel much. Oh to dream!

Top Bottom