Li'l Rev's family could use our help.

ScooterD35

Reaction score
Li'l Rev's wife is facing a difficult and costly diagnosis, and their family could use some help. These are some of the kindest souls in the Ukulele world, and we can make a real difference in their battle.

http://www.gofundme.com/7fb33uw83w

Thanks,

Scooter

Thank you for posting this! I hope Lil Rev's wife gets well. Cancer sucks.

Thanks for letting us know. I hadn't heard and my stepdad is taking a few uke lessons with Lil' Rev. It's difficult news to hear and hopefully people will continue to step up.

Thanks for passing this on. I only wish I could give more.

-Kurt​

I realise what a financially crippling exercise health care is in the USA. Wish I could have sent more but have shared the story on my Facebook page requesting friends and family to decide for themselves if they are in a position to contribute.
For me this is just a pay back to the UU community who have been so generous and helpful.

Since I sent my contribution yesterday I noticed that the total jumped almost 20%, but there is still a way to go before they reach their required target. This is achievable! Tell all your uke friends about this story and give them the opportunity to pay it forward.

"So let it be written, so let it be done." Posted it on all my Facebook uke related pages.

It feels good to give back. I've taken two classes with Lil Rev and he gives 100%. Best wishes to the family.

The current total is very close to the requested target. Great work everyone for their generousity. Please continue to spread the word so Rev's wife can get the proper medical care.
We can do it!

Just gave my part. Lil' Rev is one of the most awesome people I've ever met. I have a pic taken with him I'll always treasure. I met Carol and she is an absolute sweetie.

Very sad! I'll contribute.

I survived two bouts with cancer, 1973 and 2002. I'm in.

The current total is very close to the requested target. Great work everyone for their generousity. Please continue to spread the word so Rev's wife can get the proper medical care.
We can do it!

Just got the "Thank You" email - they have - in less than a day - exceeded the goal. That's no reason to stop giving, though. Cancer is insidious, their goal was a minimal amount.

I am so lucky to have retired with great health benefits - without them, my one hospitalization with a diagnosis of "Rule Out MI" would have bankrupted me. (And the MI was ruled out; I was having an allergic reaction to something I didn't eat, but was present on the cooking surface at a Five Guys)

So yeah, if anyone is thinking of contributing, don't let it stop you that they have reached their goal. Be generous.

- Kurt​

Just got the "Thank You" email - they have - in less than a day - exceeded the goal. That's no reason to stop giving, though. Cancer is insidious, their goal was a minimal amount.

I am so lucky to have retired with great health benefits - without them, my one hospitalization with a diagnosis of "Rule Out MI" would have bankrupted me. (And the MI was ruled out; I was having an allergic reaction to something I didn't eat, but was present on the cooking surface at a Five Guys)

So yeah, if anyone is thinking of contributing, don't let it stop you that they have reached their goal. Be generous.

- Kurt​

I wonder if your health coverage includes alternative therapies, which is what Lil Rev's wife is seeking with the fund-raiser.

"While i now have direction with regards to my treatment, i need to supplement and support this with
the kind of whole body wellness therapies that will complement the conventional drug/chemo based protocols my doctor and I have put in place."

I share everyones' sentiments: deepest powers of prayer to this lovely lady.

Last edited:
Top Bottom