-=] ON SALE - Rondo Hadean Bass Uke $99US [=-

Booli

Reaction score
I paid $169 for the sunburst model of this back in March.

Just got this in my email today (link and photo below).

For those wanting to convert a baritone uke to a bass uke, by the time you get all the correct parts, you will spend MORE than this for the tuners alone which are $100 from Owen Holt from Road Toad Music. Then you have the pickup $$, the strings ($25) and whatever you paid for the victim baritone that you plan to convert to your DIY bass uke. Nevermind the tools needed, and what is YOUR time worth?

While NOT as fancy as a Kala U-Bass, this will do if your needs are like mine for working out bass lines in your songwriting, or occasionally laying down a bass track in your own recordings.

I simply cannot play ANY 30" or 34" scale basses any more due to hand problems so these bass ukes from Rondo are cheap enough.

They have other models too, just search their site from the link below.

By now there are quite a few threads about these here on UU, just search either Rondo or Hadean or Omega and you will find them.

I am NOT affiliate with Rondo Music in any way, just thought I share this info with all of you.

http://www.rondomusic.com/product7753.html

ukbe20wh1.jpg

I've been looking at that for a couple of days, holding back from buying it with the two already being modified, but the more it gets posted here and on Talk Bass, the harder it is to resist becoming another mod candidate. Instead of sending it out, I'd cut down the horns myself and refinish the ends, add two black pick guards, change the strings to black pahoehoe, swap the knobs for Fender black and white, oh and pull out the shim under the saddle. Man... it's REALLY getting hard to resist.

Even though I sent back the solid body Rondo that I had previously, I have looked at this one too and started imagining modifications. Then I have to remind myself that it would end up sitting unplayed. Over on TalkBass I see that two of them have been purchased there.

Thanks for posting. I'm "supposed" to be on their email list, evidently I've dropped off it.

...but the more it gets posted here and on Talk Bass...

... Over on TalkBass I see that two of them have been purchased there.

Are you guys referring to the TalkBass thread that is like 150 pages long? Or is this a newer thread over there?

Do you have a link for the relevant discussion on talkbass.com? if so, please share.

It seems whenever I search, there are quite a few different 'U-Bass' or 'Hadean uke bass' threads...:(

I don't remember which thread I saw it in, but it was the last day or so.

Top Bottom