Looking for a decent Conccert and Tenor for gifts

bman40

Reaction score
Looking for a decent less than $200 concert and tenor ukes for some upcoming birthday gifts.

Suggestions?

Ohana and Kala make nice ones in that range. You may also find a Mainland for that money. I'd contact Mim's Ukes, as she will set them up and make sure they're perfectly playable straight out of the box.

KPK perhaps? Both solid mahogany and solid acacia concerts are just in your price range, not the tenors though. They have free shipping and come with a gig bag and great setup.

Ohana and Kala make nice ones in that range. You may also find a Mainland for that money. I'd contact Mim's Ukes, as she will set them up and make sure they're perfectly playable straight out of the box.

That's pretty much what I would say. Unfortunately haven't heard of many good sellers in Canada to save you some tax $$. Maybe some members can suggest someone in country.

Goog luck and let us know how it goes

Cordoba 20CM and 20TM--these are nice sounding ukes, from my experience.

thank you folks. decided to go a littel overboard and grabbed a concert and a tenor (red cedar) from Mainland.

hope the recipients like them.

I play a Martin CK-1 concert myself. I will give the mainlands a try before I gift them and maybe pick one up for myself.

Top Bottom