NUD (to me) - Ooops, how did this happen

greenie44

Big King Velour
UU VIP
Reaction score
If you are someone who was like I was - someone who thought their UAS was in complete remission - you might want to stop reading right now.

I was at the Ukulele Fest in Oahu a couple of weeks ago, enjoying the hospitality of Hawaii Music Supply at their tent. I was NOT in the market for a uke - I felt I was full up.

But this baby caught my eye. It was a Kinnard tenor, sunburst mahagoney. Now, I am not normally a hog guy, but this uke was gorgeous. I had strummed a Kinnard once before and really liked it, so I picked it up. Ooooh-wee, this was a nice one.

I played it a couple more times over the next hour. Andrew offered me a real good price. And then, I saw someone else pick it up and play it will intent. I thought "That's MY uke - put it down!" So I went over and told Andrew. And picked it up the next week.

And I cannot say that I regret it one bit. This uke is a fantastic instrument that I am just getting to know.

Of course, I haven't gotten the credit card bill yet, but right now, it seems like fate.

P1010345.jpgP1010346.jpgP1010347.jpgP1010348.jpg

Nice choice! I can see why it called to you!

WOW. THAT IS SWEETNESS!!!! Congrats.

My UAS was done in. But I was talking to my friend DuD that perhaps I might get a Hog Tenor.

Now I need one. Thanks a lot ! Lol

WOW. THAT IS SWEETNESS!!!! Congrats.

My UAS was done in. But I was talking to my friend DuD that perhaps I might get a Hog Tenor.

Now I need one. Thanks a lot ! Lol

After that beautiful video you are done like dinner my boy.

Greenie that is so lovely. True mahogany sweetness like Kinnard is famous for. No wonder you had a melt down when you thought someome else was going to buy it right out from under you. Congratulations that is a lifetime keeper

John Kinnard does it so well. A beautiful uke and a great classic mahogany sound. Congratulations!

Congratulations! I can't wait to hear it on my own computer, can't watch videos here. Somebody hacked our system at work, now they're getting strict!

Holy Sweet Sustain Forever, Batman!!!! Gorgeous Rick. Huge congratulations on a fantastic choice mate.

that's gorgeous, Congrat's from AZ!!!

Congrats! Nothing is quite like a John Kinnard sunburst mahogany tenor!

Nice pickup Rick...glad it went to someone like you......hope your trip to the Big Island went well..see you next year......:)

Sorry to disillusion you but.... that's actually MY uke. I saw it on the HMS site and fell in love.
So - if you don't mind, look after it for a while till I save up enough dosh, or win lotto. I'll pm you in a couple of years.

Wow, congrats on an awesome uke! Lovely playing too! :shaka:

With such a great instrument like that and the sound you can get out of it, allow yourself to be totally satisfied with your decision to buy it then and there. If I had been standing next to you it might have turned out like a tussle at Klein's bargain basement in NYC in the 1950's (a traumatic experience my mother dragged me to when I was a young child. Those women were like a pride of lions fighting over a carcass(actually girdles). I'm sure this was a scene in a Woody Allen movie as well, lol).
That is a gorgeous uke and you should congratulate yourself every time you play it.

Last edited:
just beautiful, sounds great too. congrats. I might have been one of them trying out the kinnard, but ended up playing the boat paddle across from it :)

Nice pickup Rick...glad it went to someone like you......hope your trip to the Big Island went well..see you next year......:)

You still have lots of treasures in the stable. Nice to be able to let something go to see it loved so much. Cheers.

Top Bottom