Aquila red concert set with wound low G?

TroyO

Reaction score
I ordered a set of Aquila red series strings, with the low G tuning (AQ-86) but it came with a wound low G? I thought it was supposed to be the fancy copper infused one? I can just order one I guess, but I'm not liking the shroomp sound when my fingers drag on it, lol. I'm a newb so maybe I ordered the wrong thing?

My concert-length Aquila 'reds' with an un-wound G were labelled 86U (I kept the packet for reference). I'd suggest either you managed to order the wrong set or someone at the other end dispatched the wrong set.

I'm happy to learn here that Aquila makes a set of "Reds" with a wound low G. That's what I'll be looking for from now on.

I was a die hard fan of the low unwound G reds. I love the reds, and I faithfully kept buying the tenor sets with the low G, following the instructions for stretching them.

But I've since given up. Aquila has made a little profit from me by selling a poor product - specifically the Tenor red unwound low G string. I wish I could send back the low Gs from my extra sets in exchange for their wound low Gs. Squeaky wound strings are a bit annoying, but never as much as a constantly breaking unwound red.

It's a red colored wound string too, so it "matches" (kinda) the rest of the "Reds". I'm starting to think it was miss-packaged. The "U" may be on the label, I'll check when I get home. I think "U" just means Ukulele for them, all of the uke sets seem to end with it anyway.

Top Bottom