Ono 16" koa concert

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Hippie Dribble

#36, built by David Ingalls in Oregon. Only selling extremely reluctantly because of more impulsive uke purchases I can't afford. Lord, I hope he starts building again soon because this is right up there with the best sounding and feeling concerts I've ever owned.

* all koa body w/ light curl
* gotoh friction tuners w/ black buttons
* bloodwood rosette and headplate stripe
* rosewood fretboard and bridge
* bone nut & saddle
* MOP fretboard markers at 5, 7, 10, 12
* 13 frets to body (all the best ukes are 13 frets to the body...just sayin), 17 total
* cantilevered fretboard
* satin finish

The instrument is in near new condition with only some minor strum marks that are nigh impossible to photograph. Low action, fast neck, great balance, volume, feel. Slim neck profile. Gorgeous uke in every way. Will be shipped in a snug fitting, new black hardcase.

* $600 paypal gift includes worldwide shipping.

Pictures > Post #1-#3
Sound demos in high and low G > post #4

002.jpg004.jpg001.jpg005.jpg003.jpg

Gosh darn it if it only was a tenor...David does excellent work.

I can not recommend Ono ukes enough. This one is an absolute steal. Would buy it myself if i didn't already have one in the same size.

I have been on David's build list since June of 2014. Because he has had both his hands operated on he has had to stop building. I have a 16" concert on order with Port Orford Cedar top and curly Walnut back and sides. The wood sets were picked out and held for me. If not for my commitment to David I would buy this right here and now.

Anybody wanting an Ono had better buy this now because we have no idea when David will start building again.

Loved the sound clips for this one, 'specially "Wake Up Hill." Just beautiful.

Thanks for the kind comments guys. Yeah, David's ukes are quality. This one no exception.

Very tempting. I love my Ono baritone. I had no idea David wasn't building right now. Sad to hear that.

I'm on Dave's informal build list for a baritone. I had heard that he was having health issues, but I hadn't heard that he'd had surgery on both of his hands. What a nightmarish thing for a luthier! Jon, I loved your Ono baritone. Unfortunately, I'm not a concert uke guy. Good luck with the sale.

The build is wonderful. Here's hoping to a speedy recovery for Dave.

Thanks to all for the kind words and thoughts! The good news is that I've just started making sawdust for the first time since last October. There are several instruments that were interrupted and will now be finished. I look forward to starting on new ones in the very near future. Mark's will be the first of the new. His wood has had some extra seasoning and I'm really looking forward to doing another baritone.

Thanks to all for the kind words and thoughts! The good news is that I've just started making sawdust for the first time since last October. There are several instruments that were interrupted and will now be finished. I look forward to starting on new ones in the very near future. Mark's will be the first of the new. His wood has had some extra seasoning and I'm really looking forward to doing another baritone.

This is great news! For both you (we are glad you are healthy) and us (I cannot wait to see(and hear) some more Ono ukes).

BRILLIANT NEWS MATE!!! So pleased for you and, as Doug said, all of us as well. (Sending you an email this afternoon with many repaired links).

Just for purely personal interests sake - and predicting the eventual sale of this brilliant instrument - I recorded this little review/demo thingy yesterday afternoon because I wanted to have it on record.

Apologies folks. After much back and forth of the past few days I've decided I am not ready to let this one go. I shall be dining on debt for some time to come. Thanks to those who have expressed interest. If and when I am ready to sell I'll contact y'all first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom