PDA

View Full Version : Ukulele Dreams

Purdy Bear
08-03-2015, 11:17 PM
Do any of you have dreams where your playing the Ukulele? I've only been playing 1 1/2 weeks so a complete beginner, but last night I had a dream of playing Amazing Grace completely through - not the accompaniament but the actual full tune.

What where your dreams about?

Rllink
08-04-2015, 02:19 AM
Nope, I can't remember playing my ukulele in a dream, but I've daydreamed about playing my uke in a band.

kvehe
08-04-2015, 02:34 AM
I wasn't playing the ukulele in this dream, but about three years ago there was a Mya-Moe mango soprano for sale in the marketplace. At the time, my very own Mya-Moe koa super soprano was being built, so I had no business lusting after another one, but nonetheless.... I kept going back to the listing over and over again, but restrained myself. Then I had a dream in which I was waiting in a hallway at work to meet the seller and buy the mango soprano. All of a sudden, someone else swooped in and bought it out from under me. I was so upset I woke up. I immediately sent the seller a PM (at something like 4:00 am) and the deal was concluded by 10:00 am or so.

Hippie Dribble
08-04-2015, 02:54 AM
I wasn't playing the ukulele in this dream, but about three years ago there was a Mya-Moe mango soprano for sale in the marketplace. At the time, my very own Mya-Moe koa super soprano was being built, so I had no business lusting after another one, but nonetheless.... I kept going back to the listing over and over again, but restrained myself. Then I had a dream in which I was waiting in a hallway at work to meet the seller and buy the mango soprano. All of a sudden, someone else swooped in and bought it out from under me. I was so upset I woke up. I immediately sent the seller a PM (at something like 4:00 am) and the deal was concluded by 10:00 am or so.
Shucks, we're not even safe from buying temptation in dreams!!!! :p Love it Kathryn!

k0k0peli
08-04-2015, 02:58 AM
If I'm playing in dreams it's usually a renaissance lute or Chapman stick or something else nearly impossible. Sometimes I fiddle. But 'ukes just don't pop up in my dreams. I'll have to work on that. Lucid dreaming, y'know.

DownUpDave
08-04-2015, 03:51 AM
Had something to do with being naked in my highschool hallway...........think they call that a nightmare. Thank goodness the uke covered up some of the embarrassing parts :o

mkatz
08-04-2015, 05:26 AM

Great story, I could tell there was an urgency!

Mitch

kvehe
08-04-2015, 06:00 AM
Great story, I could tell there was an urgency!

Mitch

Yes, it was one of my better purchases, so I now take dreams very seriously. Sometimes. :)