Anyone seen another one of these.....anywhere......

Buc-a-Roo

Reaction score
Quite unusual it seems. An Oscar Schmidt encrusted with MOP from head to toe.....baseball bat neck (it's fat!)......fingerboard widens to nearly guitar width........unusual, indeed. Any input on this beauty from perhaps the 1930s?

OS 5K Front.jpgOS 5K Back.jpgOS Headstock.jpg

Don't know anything about it, except...it's Gorgeous!!! :shaka:

Ah yes..........that one is very similar. More ornate with MOP rope binding front and back, headstock inlay, but obviously from the same maker.

I am going to stop in to see Jake while I am up that way on vacation. I have a vintage 8-string I want to discuss with him. **
Send me that beautiful piece and I will show it to him. I'll let you know what he says. *
Warning: I drool a lot. Especially on beautiful ukes like that! ***

*It's a joke. I really do not expect Buc-a-Roo to send it to me.
**But not joking about going to see Jake.
***And I think I would drool

Oh Jake will see this one first hand. I will be shipping it to him in the next few weeks for a bridge re-glue as it's got a little separation from the top. But first he needs to finish up the 20's Wurlitzer 2K he's working on for me now............I hope. Jake is the best for ukulele work! He has two of mine now, making a total of five he's done his magic on for me. Great work at great prices - Jake is da man!

That's killer!

Pretty...but that much MOP is nothing. Yesterday I saw a uke with 100% of the fretboard covered in MOP.
I thought it was hideous.

Top Bottom