Ono koa concert

H

Hippie Dribble

Ono ukuleles are built by David Ingalls in Oregon. And they are quality from wood selection to finish. This is without question one of the best feeling and sounding concert ukuleles I've ever played.

Yes, this is currently liste in the marketplace as a result of my usual financial mismanagement in relation to overspending on ukes. I am not pleased to say so. Anticipating it's eventual sale I recorded this review/demo yesterday for my own personal records because I love it so much.

Hope you find it useful and/or at least interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJSmF2Fa3n8

That cantilevered fretboard is really cool! I haven't seen that before and it certainly seems to add to the top's open rich sound. Thanks for documenting another great uke Jon. PS I hope your new uke in progress exceeds these fine ukes you're selling haha!

Jon, thanks for your kind review and for playing the instrument so well. You make me look good.

And honest, folks, he really does pay full price! :)

Delighted to say I am now on the wait list! Jon's videos really made me want an Ono concert and I'm so pleased David is building again and to be in the queue. Cheers David! Darren W.

Very nice job playing Jon! I wish I could play that well. You could sell me a uke anyday!
That is one fine sounding uke, I like it....never saw a fretboard like that before....I think David may have started something....

Nickie:

I also wish that I could play anywhere near that well!

On the subject of the cantilevered fretboard, the credit goes to Rick Turner, who uses it on his Compass Rose ukuleles. As usual, there is nothing new under the sun as this arrangement has precedence in the guitar world and is also the norm for another instrument that has achieved a certain popularity:

violin1.jpg

David

Top Bottom