Aloha,

This ukulele is my Collection , Build in OCT 2012 , Used
All Nice Koa Body and Top
Tenor neck
Concert size
Rosewood Fretboard
Koolau Gold LOw G
Gig bag

I played this for 3 Years and I just Painted the Blue Green Color on Koaloha logo (It can easy removable) . This is sound good as koaloha , lound and sweet , play fun !

Blemish !!!
1. The neck is not on symmetry. ( from factory ) , Actually since I bought I didn't mind about this because I like the Koa Figure of this one.
2. one small crack of Lacquer on the side . It just on Lacquer surface not on the wood.
3. the bridge is little came off . you can see in the picture

(I will post the Picture of blemish in comment)

But all of blemish not effect with sound and play-ability.

I had mail to koaloha to repair and they said they accept if I send it to HAwaii. However I never send it back for repair cause I play it everyday and don't want to left for repair that may take a long time

I willing to sell it in reasonable price around 375 US including International 14 -21 Shipping .---->>>>> Reduce price to 295 US

If you don't care a cosmetic problem , It is best value and Sound good Hawaiian ukulele.

Thank you

2015-08-04 12.14.49.jpg

2015-08-04 12.06.49.jpg

2015-08-04 12.07.09.jpg

2015-08-04 12.15.11.jpg

Attachments

• 2015-08-04 12.15.35.jpg
    2015-08-04 12.15.35.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:
PM Sent..........

Ah ah ah.....no...don't worry. I'm the second...only information ;);)

KoAloha has a "better than the weather" warranty that stays with the instrument. I suppose that whoever buys this could send it to KoAloha for repairs.

KoAloha has a "better than the weather" warranty that stays with the instrument. I suppose that whoever buys this could send it to KoAloha for repairs.
True, as long as it's a first. If it's a black-mark on label second, I think (but do not know for sure) that those are sold As-Is.

True, as long as it's a first. If it's a black-mark on label second, I think (but do not know for sure) that those are sold As-Is.

This is not true. I had a 2nd (black mark on the label) that developed a split in the neck. Dealing with KoAloha was amazing! I sent them pics and let them know it was a factory 2nd that I purchased from someone else and they honored it. They didn't feel comfortable repairing it so they sent me a brand new 2nd made in Feb 2015.

As an FYI to people, they have changed how they mark their seconds. Mine has a special label that reads "Factory Special."

I called and spoke with KoAloha.

They said as this is a factory special the neck would not be covered but the bridge repair would be covered. Re-finishing would be $100.

Also, it was not advisable to fix the neck as it would be a huge amount of work and the cost would be sufficient that for a few hundred extra dollars one could get another factory special.

Koaloha is probably wondering :wtf: I wrote them and sent pics yesterday and got the same reply. Wonder if anyone else has too?

I called and spoke with KoAloha.

They said as this is a factory special the neck would not be covered but the bridge repair would be covered. Re-finishing would be $100.

Also, it was not advisable to fix the neck as it would be a huge amount of work and the cost would be sufficient that for a few hundred extra dollars one could get another factory special.

Koaloha is probably wondering :wtf: I wrote them and sent pics yesterday and got the same reply. Wonder if anyone else has too?

I also wrote them an email ... didn't hear so I called.

Funny, while I spoke with Brian ... someone in the background asked if it was Phil calling? LOL.

Great minds think alike Phil.

The uke cannot be all that bad if Koaloha let it leave their facility. They sell seconds, not defective rejects. They would never let an instrument out the door that did not sound and play correctly.

I had asked the OP some questions and he was very fast to answer and included more pictures and very detailed descriptions. He has sold a number of high end ukes here recently. Stating he has played this uke daily for three years leads me to believe this uke must sound and play just fine.

Someone is going to get a killer deal.

He probably could have avoided a lot of this if he'd have been a little more up front about it's origin and warranty status. Seems like a nice guy. The bridge repair and ding are nothing much as long as someone's ok with the wonky neck. As DownUpDave said, it must play ok or they wouldn't have sold it in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom