New UAS Strikes Again Day - Yippee!

hollisdwyer

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
It must be all the pain medications that I am taking post my knee replacement (although we know it has nothing to do with that), but I have just accepted a quote from Allen McFarlen (Barron River) for a 8 string Tenor. The body wood will be all Honduran Mahogany with a 'waterfall' like pattern. It will also have an offset 4th course to allow plucking of the low and high g strings separately if you so desire.
image.jpg
As I can't justify owning an eight string and a six string, my Mya Moe master grade myrtle 6 string Tenor that I purchased from Canadian singer songwriter Shelly O'Brien will be on the market shortly.
Here are a couple of clips which show her talent and the MM of course:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUk3pWB-rQU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rk2EbkpY6Sk I'll get a proper ad in the proper section in a few days.
Isn't getting a new Uke so much fun? I really needed something to pick up my spirits and it's my birthday soon anyway. Do I need any more excuses?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
Wonderful! The wood looks lovely--my BR concert has plainer mahogany, but I have other ukes with fancy wood, and the BR is so nice, a really great classic sound. I snuck in some strumming this morning before I went to work, LOL.

It will be interesting to hear your thoughts on the string placements once you get it!

As I can't justify owning an eight string and a six string, my Mya Moe master grade myrtle 6 string Tenor that I purchased from Canadian singer songwriter Shelly O'Brien will be on the market shortly.
Why not keep both? Financial concerns? My 6-string and 8-string tenors are totally different instruments that require distinct techniques from my 4-string 'ukes and 10-string tiple. Each voice is quite individual.

wayfarer75;It will be interesting to hear your thoughts on the string placements once you get it![/QUOTE said:
I hope I have made the right decision on this. The original idea came from Bosko (of Bosko and Honey) who had it done for a concert. After discussing it at length with Bosko the existing owner (Pete) decided to go with a smaller offset. I spoke with Pete about how reality matched his expectations and he highly recommended the offset. I hope I made the right decision as it promises to be a unique instrument besides being another great looker and player from Barron River.

I hope I have made the right decision on this. The original idea came from Bosko (of Bosko and Honey) who had it done for a concert. After discussing it at length with Bosko the existing owner (Pete) decided to go with a smaller offset. I spoke with Pete about how reality matched his expectations and he highly recommended the offset. I hope I made the right decision as it promises to be a unique instrument besides being another great looker and player from Barron River.

Yes, I remember Bosko's 5 string concert. It's an interesting idea, and I hope it works out for you. Certainly unique!

Top Bottom