DIY: Uke strap ... Any idea guys??

I made one for my soprano by taking a strap peg off an old electric guitar and screwing it into the bottom of the uke, and then getting a piece of rope and looping it under the stings between the tuning pegs and nut and then just attached everything accordingly. worked perfect! you can go to a local guitar shop and get that little silver peg that holds the strap on for under 2 bucks.

Thank ukebrudder :)

But I'm looking for something like this

because I don't have a gut to screw my uke :p

So, Now I'm looking for something like a clip which isn't going to damage my uke too.

Thank ukebrudder :)

But I'm looking for something like this

because I don't have a gut to screw my uke :p

So, Now I'm looking for something like a clip which isn't going to damage my uke too.

What about this strap from Flea Market? http://www.fleamarketmusic.com/store/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=213
This is what it looks like...
collar%20in%20use%20jpeg.jpg

Yep... Something like that..

But I'm in Thailand. And I don't want to order it because the shipping will cost me more than the strap itself..

So I try to figure out the DIY which might be helpful to others too. :)

Get some string/cord and a large paper clip, and you're all set, I'd think.

You might also find a store that sells lanyards (like you'd use to wear a coach's whistle or a conference laminate around your neck).

Or maybe adapt the sort of strap used by saxophone players, which you could probably find at any well-stocked music store.

JJ

But I'm in Thailand. And I don't want to order it because the shipping will cost me more than the strap itself..

I'll try to see how much shipping would be for me if I sent it to you! I'll keep you posted!

Hey so, I looked up shipping cost and it will be anywhere between 10 to 20 bucks! Let me know if you wanna do this or not! I'll do C.O.D. or something!

The homemade version seems like the easiest way to go, but I wouldn't suggest hot glue. A nice heavy wrap of electrical tape would not scrape the wood, and still allow the front to resonate fully.

Hello, kathisod. Welcome to UU! It's too bad your page is in Thai, I can't read it. But your DIY uke strap idea looks pretty cool.

I would like to make one. Any idea??

BIg Big Mahalo :shaka:
Welcome to UU zatanonline!

You might check out the Uke Leash. I ship all over the world, and usually don't charge more than $6.50 shipping and handling (U.S. Postal Service First Class Mail) for one $14.99 Uke Leash.

–Lori

When I made mine, I took some necklace string (the fancy black stuff) and braided three sets of two into a "necklace" that ends about where I want the top of the waist of the ukulele to sit, then off the end, I left string to tie around the waist. It works pretty well.

Not sure if I described it well enough. I'll try to upload a pic.

Get a classical guitar strap. They use the same system of the one above and are only a little longer. You can find them in any music shop.

Hello, kathisod. Welcome to UU! It's too bad your page is in Thai, I can't read it. But your DIY uke strap idea looks pretty cool.

Hehe thank you. Anyway this website can swap to English at the top right corner and the article comes with English as well. ^_^

Top Bottom