Double Whammy Nuke Day

H

Hippie Dribble

Two birds with one almighty stone.

Over the weekend a Collings UC2K and a Mya Moe tenor arrived in the hermit cave. Just lovely, beautiful instruments. Both have great feel and the tone is everything and more I was hoping for.

I trust these gorgeous things will keep the wolves at bay and inspire and motivate me to take my playing to a new level; to focus less on buying and more on learning.

004.jpg007.jpg003.jpg006.jpg005.jpg

Wow. What a great set of concerts. The two should cover warm and bright tones. Congrats.
Beautiful wood. Is that curly maple & mango on the Mya-Moe?

Can't wait to hear you play them

Fantastic! Now THAT is how to do a double NUD! Enjoy!

If that Collings is this Collings it sounds very fine indeed.

Gorgeous Collings!

Thanks a lot fellas.

Hodge, the MM is actually a tenor mate. It's #1830. The top is a straight grained redwood and yeah, curly, spalted maple b & s.

The tenor is surprisingly warm. Incredibly sweet and rich sound. I couldn't help order this because every redwood topped uke I seemed to have heard has sounded wonderful to me so I sorta wanted to experience one for myself. Very pleased I did. As to the Collings, I've played a number of these in the past and I adore everything about their 2 model concerts. This one will be staying the duration.

...As to the Collings, I've played a number of these in the past and I adore everything about their 2 model concerts. This one will be staying the duration.

High on my list of to-be added ukes, is a Collings concert koa, particularly with the sunburst finish. :drool:

Congrats on an absolutely gorgeous pair of new ukes. The Collings sounds amazing and I'm sure the MM does too! :shaka:

Wow!!! Great new babies...
...and one is a tenor! I know that you have flirted with the big (ish) fella before. Will be very interested in how that size sits with you now.
I'm sure they are both thrilled to be in your hands.
The Journey continues....

Probably 50% of all ukulele videos I watch are yours. Always leave a thumbs-up. The only thing I would ask to change is that you provide a little info or just the name of each of the uke's you play. I was glad to see you did it on this.

Liked the shot of you walking in the opening.

Jeff

They're beautiful Jon!

And for you to be inspired to play any better?? Pffft....you playing is pro level now!

Congratulations, Jon! They're both beautiful. I've always liked my own Mya-Moe tenor (myrtle), and Mya-Moes do have a unique and rich voice. I'm looking forward to all the videos you're going to make and post with them!

Thanks Eddie, Steedy, Karl, Jeff, Scott and Mark.

Yeah, had some issues trying to play tenors in the past. The hands and heart seem much more receptive to this one so far. Dipped my toe in the water with a quick demo just now.

EDIT TO ADD: I removed this video and recorded a better one this afternoon - inside and less competition - on post #33

Last edited:
Congratulations on a great pair! Hope that they will keep satisfying you.

Thanks a lot fellas.

Hodge, the MM is actually a tenor mate. It's #1830. The top is a straight grained redwood and yeah, curly, spalted maple b & s.

The tenor is surprisingly warm. Incredibly sweet and rich sound. I couldn't help order this because every redwood topped uke I seemed to have heard has sounded wonderful to me so I sorta wanted to experience one for myself. Very pleased I did. As to the Collings, I've played a number of these in the past and I adore everything about their 2 model concerts. This one will be staying the duration.

So you are the fella that bought that Mya Moe before me :p I saw the demo video and I was in love with the wood combo and the sound. I seriously comsidered buying it but my LfdM will be ready soon. Still I was sooooo temtped and more than a little sad when I saw it was gone. I am really glad you are the one that bought it, you make it sing, love the video you just put up.

The Collings, as you say is a great instrument and a great stable mate for the MM. Congratulations Jon and a huge double score. They are beautiful to look at and listen to.

Top Bottom