Advanced Solo Uke Songs

ukebrudder

UU+
Reaction score
I'm looking for harder songs to play that are somewhat similar to "tears in heaven" by carl ray villaverde and "while my guitar gently weeps" by jake shimabukuro....

Songs that jump around all over the fretboard and sound great, opposed to chords that just repeat over and over again. Know of any good ones that are tabbed out? Thanks!:)

bumping this because I need advanced songs. songs that are kinda like the ones that hawaii music supply uses to demo ukuleles. thanks for any suggestions

That link is about as good as it gets.

But from my perspective, writing at this level will benefit you MUCH more than learning a tab. Create something original that will challenge you. You will grow more as a musician and at the end you have a song that's your own.

I mean this in the nicest way, but any bozo (myself included) can learn any song from any tab, given enough time. It's valuable for digesting the way other people play, for sure. You'll be forced to do things you otherwise wouldn't have thought of and will learn from this. But at the end of the day, Kalei, Jake, James, Taimane - whoever turns you on - is interesting mostly because they write their own stuff.

Struggle a bit to create a song and you'll have grown. A lot. Learn a song from a tab and you'll know a song from a tab. It's kind of like the saying: "If you give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. If you teach a man to fish, he'll eat for life."

That link is about as good as it gets.

But from my perspective, writing at this level will benefit you MUCH more than learning a tab. Create something original that will challenge you. You will grow more as a musician and at the end you have a song that's your own.

I mean this in the nicest way, but any bozo (myself included) can learn any song from any tab, given enough time. It's valuable for digesting the way other people play, for sure. You'll be forced to do things you otherwise wouldn't have thought of and will learn from this. But at the end of the day, Kalei, Jake, James, Taimane - whoever turns you on - is interesting mostly because they write their own stuff.

Struggle a bit to create a song and you'll have grown. A lot. Learn a song from a tab and you'll know a song from a tab. It's kind of like the saying: "If you give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. If you teach a man to fish, he'll eat for life."

This is fabulous advice from Brad. There is so much to learn from writing and arranging your own tunes, the rewards really are worth the effort. Best of luck.

Top Bottom