FT: Kepasa Madeira

Status
Not open for further replies.

connor013

Reaction score
Aloha, UU.

Up for trade is my 2010 Kepasa Madeira, (#074), built by Kevin Crossett in Middlesex, VT. (His site is worth checking out for the eye candy and his thoughts on building: http://kepasaukulele.com/soprano.htm)
image.jpg image.jpg
This soprano has a mahogany body, a Spanish cedar neck, ebony fretboard and bridge, and a horn nut and (compensated) saddle.

As far as bling goes, it has black top and back binding, a herringbone strip running the length of the board, a B/W/B/W/B rosette, and B/W/B purfling around the headstock and heel cap.
image.jpg image.jpg
(This is actually more bling than I'd normally go for, but the effect is simple and elegant.)

I've upgraded the tuners to Gotoh planetary pegs, which are light and precise and generally awesome.
image.jpg

It's strung with Southcoast mediums, and it comes with one of those ugly-but-functional uke crazy cases.

I'll post a sound sample tonight once the house is (finally!) quiet.

Ideally, I'd like to trade for a Pono Baritone Nui or a tenor guitar, although I suppose I'd also be tempted by the right baritone uke (like that blond all maple Bruko that passed through the MP a year or so ago -- man, I still covet that one!). I don't mind if some $$ travels in either direction.

Any questions, shoot me a PM.

Cheers, UU.

Last edited:
Here are some more pics, including the obligatory UU one:
image.jpg image.jpg
image.jpg image.jpg
It's worth mentioning that the uke is in excellent condition -- no scratches, dings, blemishes, etc. The gloss finish is super hard and very smooth, so I imagine this uke has the potential to stay pretty for a long, long time.

Last edited:
What a good-looking uke, Connor!

I'm not in the market at this time, but that's a quality uke with a very individual style.

Beautiful instrument and sounds terrific!

Belated bump, which I think shows exactly how keen I am to get rid of this little guy. And a couple of people asked about an outright sale, so $625 shipped CONUS.

Any questions, please give me a shout.

... tempted by the right baritone uke (like that blond all maple Bruko that passed through the MP a year or so ago -- man, I still covet that one!).

Hey Connor,
Almost three (3) years and still thinking about that Spruce/Maple Bruko.
Good to see I'm not the only one. Although unsuccessful to date, my search continues ...
On another note, that's one fine-looking Kepasa on the market.
Best of Luck!
Eric

The seller's remorse thread just reminded me that this little guy is still up for trade or sale.

If anyone's interested in a trade, the tenor guitar bug has worked its way through, so I'm only interested in the Baritone Nui or another Bari.

If anyone's interested in a sale, the new price is $575.

Cheers, all.

Hey Connor,
Almost three (3) years and still thinking about that Spruce/Maple Bruko.
Good to see I'm not the only one. Although unsuccessful to date, my search continues ...
On another note, that's one fine-looking Kepasa on the market.
Best of Luck!
Eric[/QUOTE]

Three years — good grief!

Tell you what, Eric. We should crowdfund a documentary: me and you and a couple of Brukos, on the road in search of "the one."

If you get a van, I'll get the beer.

The seller's remorse thread just reminded me that this little guy is still up for trade or sale.

If anyone's interested in a trade, the tenor guitar bug has worked its way through, so I'm only interested in the Baritone Nui or another Bari.

If anyone's interested in a sale, the new price is $575.

C
Are you certain I can't interest you in my mint Blueridge BR 40T with K&K pickup? I have it tuned to C6 like a tenor uke...sounds very cool...

(Have it listed elsewhere...if I sell it I'll call you about this beautiful Kepasa..!)

Sorry, Fred.

Blame Southcoast and their new all metal strings (HML-CM) -- they breathed new life into my old Airline bari.

Cheers.

Good morning, UU.

This Kepasa was boxed and ready to go, but the buyer had a change of situation.

So, here's a bump for this little soprano. And here's a quick re-cap: trade for Bari of commensurate value or $575 shipped CONUS.

Cheers, all.

Last edited:
And just like that she's off to a new — thankfully warmer! — home.

Cheers, UU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom