And then there were three.

Rllink

Reaction score
You can run from UAS, but you can't hide. Back in June, I saw that Ukulele Magazine was giving away 20 Watermans, so I signed up, thinking what the heck, and guess what showed up today? But now I have three ukuleles, and life is getting complicated. Going out on the bike trail, what uke do I take? Going camping, what uke do I take? Going to the park, what uke do I take? Going over to the in-laws, what uke do I take? Oh well, I guess we all have our burdens to suffer. Thank you to Ukulele Magazine and Kala. I'll play it with pride.

waterman.jpg

Didn't ever want to have to say......."I told you so"......but...........;)

Congratulations on winning a uke, how cool is that. I counted 4 activities that you listed above, guess you only need one more uke.....for now.

But now I have three ukuleles, and life is getting complicated. Going out on the bike trail, what uke do I take? Going camping, what uke do I take? Going to the park, what uke do I take? Going over to the in-laws, what uke do I take? Oh well, I guess we all have our burdens to suffer.

Congrats on the win. YMMV, but I find that three is the *perfect* number to have: one low G, one reentrant, and one "just in case" one of the other two winds up in the repair shop, or you're going somewhere you don't want to subject the others to, or a friend needs to borrow it. Any more than three, though, and I start writing "for sale" posts.

I have more than three, so I just stay home.
To tell you the truth, traveling with my uke is one of my greatest pleasures, be it across town, or across the country. I just love going someplace to sing and play my ukulele.

All kidding aside, congrats man.
Getting free stuff always rocks.

I have more than three, so I just stay home.
Sometimes the wife wants me to leave the house. With her, even. For more than a couple of hours, even. And I can't go empty-handed. So we left on a 1.5 month road trip with a carefully-chosen trio of instruments, one each guitar & tenor 'uke & mandolin. And we returned with thirteen string axes. The first three must have been magnetic, eh? My 'uke-like-object count jumped from five to ten. Yow. We'll leave on a one-week vacation soon. Again I'll take a musical trio. 'Uke choice (which stringing?) will be much tougher this time. I really need to build a 3-neck 'uke.

Congratulations on the win Rllink. Those Watermans are great little buggers. And they even gave you the best colour!

Very cool! Congrats on the new uke! Winning free stuff is a gas....I've won two ukes, and I'm ready to win another!
Someone donated a Waterman to our Library Lending program, what a sweet little uke!

Excellent! Free stuff is great! Thanks Kala for feeding his hidden UAS

Top Bottom