The UKE on TV.....in the UK

fynger

Reaction score
Sky HD:

11:00am
Mighty Uke
This award-winning documentary travels the world to discover why so many people are turning to the ukulele to express themselves, connect with the past and with each other.

Sky arts Friday.

Thanks for this...missed it when previously shown....set up in planner to record.
JP

That documentary is what started me on my ukulele journey. A cold snowy Sunday in March 2014 and I was flipping channels on the TV. I came upon this program explaining all things ukulele, the sounds, ohhhh the sounds I heard. I was smitten, bought a uke three days later. Took a Uke 101 express learners course three days after that and attended my first uke jam 4 days after that. The rest as they say is history.

If you have not seen "The Mighty Uke" and you are a uke player. .......run do not walk to where ever you have to be to see this.

Thanks, i'll set it on sky plus. I did enjoy guitar star as a guitarist as well. Good channel. :)

Have it set to record. Should be able to catch up over the weekend but have a busy weekend as it's a local Folk Festival this weekend.

If you have not seen "The Mighty Uke" and you are a uke player. .......run do not walk to where ever you have to be to see this.
What Dave said.

Buy the DVD as it has some sweet and worthwhile extras.

Then go and buy The Jumping Flea; Rock That Uke; To My Sweetheart, Aloha; Under The Boardwalk ..... you see where this is going :)

I bought the DVD also and recommend it highly. There are lots of good extras including James Hill giving a uke lesson.

Our uke club is celebrating it's 5th year with a pot luck picnic on Sunday and we'll be showing "The Mightly Uke".

Top Bottom