Luis Feu de Mesquita tenor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nuprin

Reaction score
Not finding much time to play and always tend to pick up my Moore Bettah when I do, so I can't justify keeping this uke.

I'm sure most already know of Luis Feu de Mesquita (LFdM) ukuleles so I don't need to say much about how amazing this uke is. Cedar top, East Indian Rosewood back and sides. Sounds amazing.

The cedar top is quite soft and has thus suffered some scratches, most notably on the top and behind the bridge(see pictures). Also, the side position markers were put on the 9th and 14th fret when Luis sent it to me instead of the 10th and 15th. I found it was really throwing me so I had a luthier fill in the old position markers and put in a new one at the 10th (he didn't feel comfortable adding one to the 15th as he didn't want to potentially damage the body). See pictures below. Lastly, (and I by no means know if this is the case) it looks as if maybe no grain filler was used as it seems to have open pores on the rosewood back. I tried to capture a picture below but it's difficult to see.

I had a Fishman PRO-AG0-UKE pickup installed which sounds great.

I'm hoping to get $1100 for this, Uke Crazy hard case included (see pictures). Free shipping for continental US.

Open pore? (Specs in the finish)

Last edited:
More pics:

Scratches on top:

Scratches behind the bridge:

Filled in position marker on 14th fret:

Filled in position marker on 9th fret, and new position marker on 10th fret:

More pics:

Video sample:

One more video comparing the LFdM to my Moore Bettah, MP, and Breedlove:

I received it on 12/9/2011.

Price drop: $1100 with free shipping to continental US. Great uke at (what I consider) a great price!

I'm leaving town Thursday morning for vacation. I'd love to get this sold and shipped off before I go so make me an offer! Not looking for trades but will entertain any reasonable offer.

When I was interested in a LfdM and doing research your comparison video was one I kept listening to, thank you for doing that.

I recently received my LfdM and your price is incredibly resonable (read cheap). Luis will only be selling through HMS in the future and those will probably be spoken for before they even hit their website, this is fact. If anybody wants a great LfdM instrument at a bargin price you best jump on this on. They very rarely come up for sale.

I can only stress what Dave said. I'd put LFdM right up there with the best builders, and at the price offered here, you'll have an instrument that is so much better than anything else you'd usually get for the same money.

If you need further proof of how good they sound, listen to these samples.

Sold, thanks everyone! Gonna be sad to see this one go!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom