"Let's Play Ukulele" Show in Japan!

chiefnoda

Reaction score
Hi Folks

There is a TV show in Japan "Let's Play Ukulele" and two main characters are Rabbit "U" and Bear "900". 900 can be pronounced phonetically as "ku-rei-rei" so that's Ukulele!

You can buy a matched pair of ukuleles and the bags. Each ukulele is about $115US.

U900 chords.jpg

U900.jpg

U900 soundhole.jpg

The opening song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UccYywU5cvc

I want the rabbit bag!

Cheerio
Chief

Attachments

• U900.gif
    U900.gif
    43 bytes · Views: 62
Last edited:
I feel drowned in cuteness. Damn those Japanese! [/me returns to reading hentai]

I played those ukes at a shop nearby. They aren't too bad. I ended up getting a different one for my daughter though...some brand called Dreams Come True. But the uke was surprisingly great sounding and only set me back about $100

I do have the bear tuner though
IMG_7932.jpg

Last edited:
oh and title is a cute play on words

Ukulele Hikima Show

Ukulele Hikimasu (to play ukulele)---> hikimasho (let's play ukulele)

I've gotta have me a bear tuner.....that's cute as hell....

Can one buy a tuner like that somewhere.I like to play for kids(they are honest about your playing) and I'm sure they would love it.
Buiietbob

I know Ukulele World in Ochanomizu has all the stuff. I am sure they have a website if I can find one of their cards around here I will link it.

The Rabbit U and Bear 900 are AnueNue ukes.
I believe they have had trouble with copies being sold on the internet, due to the popularity of the TV figures.
H

Shimamura Music, basically Japan's version of GuitarCenter, stocks the tuners and ukes too. I tend to avoid them because of their poor customer service.

Top Bottom