Martin 2K concert- Made in Nazareth Pennsylvania

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ernie

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Next on the block is my Martin 2k Concert. Made from beautiful Solid Hawaiian Koa with a rosewood fretboard and bridge, vintage style peg head decal, and pearl position dots. Upgraded bone saddle, Tusq nut, and Waverly tuners. Entire body was polished to an elegant semigloss finish (much more like the subtle sheen on a vintage Martin). This uke has great tone, volume and playability, and nice, easy action.

It may sound like heresy, but I think these modern Martin concerts have two major advantages to their vintage model counterparts:
  1. They are ladder braced, as opposed to the fan bracing on the only concerts (which I always felt was overkill), and
  2. they have the extended fretboard (which is nicely rounded off, unlike those on modern martin sopranos).

The former owner described subtle swirling in the back finish, but I've studied it from every angle and I'll be doggoned if I can find it- the finish looks perfect to me.

Very nice O'ahou hard case pictured is included in the sale. A beautiful, classy concert uke, hand made in Nazareth Pennsylvania. List price on these is $1,799.00 Cheapest street price I've seen is $1349.00

I am asking $850.00 including hard case, shipping and insurance.
Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 132
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 91
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 91
  • 004.jpg