FS Kiwaya KTS-6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Django

Reaction score
20150817_192209.jpg20150817_192219.jpg20150817_192229.jpg20150817_192252.jpg20150817_192342.jpgHere is a very nice Kiwaya KTS-6. The condition is excellent. The finish has a warm vintage glow. These get better looking and sounding as they are played and this one is very open and clear with minimal playing wear. The ukulele comes with a nice semi hard case, (shown). My asking price is $575.00 including PayPal fees and insured, ground shipping to the lower 48.

Last edited:
Please someone buy this before my iron will gives way... Beautiful uke, playability and tone.

I think that having an iron will may be over-rated, or at least gets in the way sometimes.

Last edited:
I'll lower the price to $550.00, same terms as above. It is a very nice instrument with the style of a Martin 2 that can be had here for about the price of a vintage martin 0 or a Timms Style 0. I can't go any lower. I like it more than that.

Last edited:
I have this uke and it is a great uke! If somebody is looking for a great soprano mahogany uke- you would be hard pressed to find a better one.

It must be a bad time to sell a Kiwaya. I will close the thread this weekend and try ebay. If anyone has a suggestion or critique that would have helped me to sell the two Kiwayas that I listed your input is welcomed, I am always open to suggestions.

Thanks

Sometimes it is just timing. People might be on holiday.

I liked the other and this one but am looking for a SS Kiwaya or possibly a Concert.

Can you do an easy YouTube video? People are looking at the Uke and a sound sample really helps. Even if the recording isn't great.

Have hope.

It must be a bad time to sell a Kiwaya. I will close the thread this weekend and try ebay. If anyone has a suggestion or critique that would have helped me to sell the two Kiwayas that I listed your input is welcomed, I am always open to suggestions.

Thanks

Hi, Django.

I have sold many, many (many...lol) ukes and, although the trend is for weaker and weaker uke sales (the instrument is not as popular as it was three years ago), I think you'd find better sales by waiting until the wintertime, before or after Xmas; loads of people buying themselves a holiday gift, plenty of soft backsides and bleary eyeballs in computer chairs.

Kiwayas are nice. Oh, and when you do list on eBay, I myself only recently found out from Jon that you can link it in the links forum section. Maybe give UUers a break on the 11% eBay fee on UU, and show your instrument on eBay.

Just thoughts. Have a wonderful weekend, Django. Steve.

I highly doubt after you factor in fees that on eBay you'd do any better net than the price you offered here. I just bought a Kiwaya KS5K, otherwise I would have been interested at $550. And if you went lower, I might have bit anyway and then decided which one to keep and flipped out of the other.

I suspect, based purely on hunch, that once you get to KTS-6 territory, most people would rather opt for a KTS-7. While I adore the look of the KTS-7 (and am a former owner of one), I find the lines on the fretboard distracting and confusing to my simple mind. Ergo, I was watching your KTS-6 thread quite closely.

I highly doubt after you factor in fees that on eBay you'd do any better net than the price you offered here.

This is true as, I think, the current eBay fee is around 11%, plus the PayPal fee is over 3%. That said, a lot more "eyeballs" on eBay, so odds of a sale are greater (even if the net price, like Eddie says, is the same). With the new info provided to me by Hippie Dribble and linking eBay listings on UU (which I thought previously was strictly forbidden in Marketplace, and was not an acceptable link for the Links & Videos Forum, but now come to find that it's fine to put it there in L&V), a seller can play both worlds now.

Best to you on sale, Django.

(Note to anyone new just coming on this thread now--we're not hi-jacking, we're giving Django some advice based on his request for it in his post #6.)

Last edited:
I appreciate all of the good advice. I will leave the thread open through the weekend and then decide what to do from there. I may end up keeping the Ukuleles and selling a guitar. I have hardly touched the guitar since taking up the ukulele. I thought that the ukulele would be my distraction instrument, but it turns out that I hate to put it down. It's a nice community too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom