Another MBU Auction

At what price will the MBU "Hula Girl" tenor auction clear?

• It won't sell

Votes: 5 9.3%
  • $7,950 - $8,999

Votes: 8 14.8%
  • $9,000 - $9,999

Votes: 6 11.1%
  • $10,000 - $10,999

Votes: 11 20.4%
  • $11,000 - $11,999

Votes: 8 14.8%
  • $12,000 plus

Votes: 16 29.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ukulele Eddie

Reaction score
nice uke...good luck to the bidders......

Super nice MBU, the one who own it will be moore than happy :)

ugh... my bettah savings account is going to need to be alot larger than I was expecting.

Hmmm *brain cells banging together* there's a bank just down the road a bit...I knew my water pistol would come in handy one day.

LOL who voted that it would not sell? As if!

I saw this one in the shop, before the Hula Girl went into the headstock, and it blew me away. The combination of woods on the 'armrest', the top and the rosette is stunning. Oh well, better start saving up more.

I agree with Hodge and I voted that it will sell for above $12,000. That is one incredible instrument

I don't usually want for things... but I want that.
We have a lottery in Texas, which I never play, but I think I am going to buy a few numbers this week.
Oh man, that is an amazing uke.

Well, that is my favourite sound demo ever. I have never heard an ukulele sound that good. Kalei's playing was sublime, he showed it off in the best possible way. I could sit and listen to that forever. Utterly gobsmacked. Over 12K for me and if I had the money I would keep going.

edit to add: I just scrolled down the page on the Ukulele Site and have noticed there are two more clips of Kalei playing. Heaven.

An awesome ukulele and a great player, but it's also amazing to have such excellent audio in an outdoor recording too. I'm guessing over $12000 but less than $13800.

does make me wonder.. does something like that open up over time.. or is it MB magic?
cuz it's spruce...

An awesome ukulele and a great player, but it's also amazing to have such excellent audio in an outdoor recording too. I'm guessing over $12000 but less than $13800.

I agree--that was an amazing recording outdoors. I liked hearing the ambient sounds. I watched it on my lovely smart TV--made it seem like Kalei and the scenery were in my living room with me.

I should've double-checked what the last Artist Series one sold for; I incorrectly "remembered" $11k and my intent was to have a category that was above that one. Goooof! Oh well, it's all in fun anyway...

does make me wonder.. does something like that open up over time.. or is it MB magic?
cuz it's spruce...

Kalei mentioned that he could not believe how Chuck's uke sounded so open already....that is why Chuck is so good... all the new MB ukes sound like they had already been played a year...a MBU sounds even better with time.....

he wondered if he used a Tonerite....but Chuck does not use one....

Last edited:
I like Moore Bettah ukes.
I like Ukulele Underground.
I like Hawaii Music Supply.
I'm not sure I like this thread.... :)

Very nice video of Kalei. I am very happy to see that Chuck is getting rewarded for his efforts. I think it is a good idea to let the market decide what to charge for his instruments. That way Chuck does not seem greedy by setting high prices, yet the buyers are paying what they are willing to pay and everyone wins.

Top Bottom