Mya Moe 6 String Classic Tenor Master Grade Myrtle

hollisdwyer

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
This beautiful master grade Myrtle tenor was originally commissioned by Canadian Singer/Songwriter Shelly O'Brien. I purchased it from her about 2 years ago.

Here is the link to the Mya Moe Uke Tracker web page where you can see the details of the build:
https://www.myamoeukuleles.com/uketracker.php?trackingNumber=382
I have since replaced all the tuners (one was slipping and Gordon Mayer sent me a whole new set to ensure they all matched) and recently had the frets dressed and the instrument re-set up with Southcoast Strings. I had Worths on there before but the Southcoast strings has made an amazing instrument just incredible.

Here are a few links to YouTube videos of Shelley actually playing the uke:
This one is from an interview she did on a Dutch Radio Station. She starts playing about 2:32 in from the start:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rk2EbkpY6Sk
This one is about Shellys' background in Canada. This uke is featured in a song she sings towards the end of the video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUk3pWB-rQU

I'd rate the condition of the uke at at least 9.5/10
It comes with the OEM case, Passive Pick Up, an upgraded bone strap button, multiple sets and singles of Mya Moe (Worths), Southcoast and Alvarez strings, an Hydrometer and an Humidifier

Current build cost: Approx $US2100 - Current delivery wait time: Approx 24 months.
Available now for $US 1575 ( includes standard Air Parcel Post to USA and UK-Sale price for Australian buyers $50 less)
image.jpg

Attachments

• 382Shoulder.jpg
    382Shoulder.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 76
  • 382Back Small.jpg
    382Back Small.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_0567.jpg
    IMG_0567.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_0558.jpg
    IMG_0558.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
Holy guacamole! This is a stunning Mya-Moe. It looks like you are making room for a few new additions. Good luck with the sale.

Bill

Holy guacamole! This is a stunning Mya-Moe. It looks like you are making room for a few new additions. Good luck with the sale.

Bill

Thanks! Yes the reason for selling is mainly because I have just ordered a Barron River 8 String. Although a 6 and an 8 are very different instruments, my wallet insists I employ my UAS strategy of sacrificial expansion (new one in, old one out).

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Last edited:
Note: Sale Price Includes Shipping

It was pointed out that I didn't comment on shipping. The advertised price includes standard air parcel post from Australia to USA or the UK.
Sale price for Australian buyers is $50 less than advertised.

An interesting thing about this instrument is that when I first received it from Shelly there were only 4 strings on it. The standard gcea re-entrant set up. I wrote to Shelly and asked her why. She said that as her song writing developed into new styles she felt that a 4 string worked better as an accompaniment and if she wanted the fuller sound of a 6 string, the 6 string was ready and waiting.
I guess the moral of the story is that we shouldn't limit how we think about Ukes with more than 4 strings.

The Mrytle master grade wood that MM uses is stunning.

MM's design and this wood type creates a very mellow offering that does not color the sound at all, making it a good candidate to add a pickup to it.

Best wishes on the sale Hollis.

Last edited:
Top Bottom