Sam the Cat & Surly-Mac cover "I'm Over You"

Surly-Mac

Reaction score
The YouTube notes say:
Sam the (black) Cat & Surly-Mac…

My closest male friend for the past 15-years has been Samson the black cat.

Like all interspecies relationships, we’ve had our ups and downs… with the scars to prove it. (At least, I have real bite & claw scars….)

Sam truly loves to listen to live music; piano, blues harp or uke, he loves it all. He particularly loves the ukulele strung with a low G (4th) string…. he loves it more when it’s played fingerstyle (picking)…. and he loves it most when the low G uke is played fingerstyle while I’m singing… and he often sings along.

I recorded this song while I was performing for Sam as he sat on a chair next to mine.

If you translate cat-years to human-years, Sam & I are about the same age. While we are both fine right now, simple math reveals that one of us will be leaving this plane of existence before long - this little movie is produced against that inevitable day.

A very nice tribute to Sam. My inseparable companion is my little black dog Jake. Jake is also up in years and thankfully for him is deaf. He enjoyed my guitar playing but has been spared the transition to the Uke. I will miss him as you will miss Sam. Thanks for sharing.

A very nice tribute to Sam. My inseparable companion is my little black dog Jake. Jake is also up in years and thankfully for him is deaf. He enjoyed my guitar playing but has been spared the transition to the Uke. I will miss him as you will miss Sam. Thanks for sharing.
Thanks for the listen & comment, Highmiles; I'm certain that Jake wishes that he could listen to your uke playing. Some "pets" are just special pals...

Thank you Mac, that was totally brilliant my friend.
I'm honored that you took a look and truly appreciate the comment. (I'm looking forward to your next YouTube posting - That Kinnard and you seem to be made​ for one another.)

Top Bottom