1920's(?) Gibson style 3 soprano

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ernie

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
On the block is my 1920's (I think) Gibson style 3 soprano. Gibson's top-of-the-line model ukulele, these are now quite rare. All mahogany, 5-ply top binding, 3-ply back binding, bound fretboard, with diamond and snowflake inlays at frets 5, 7, 10, 12. Bone nut and saddle. Grover barrel tuners (the King of vintage tuners- these alone are worth $100). Lots of finish crazing, as is the norm with these Gibsons. A fair amount of scratches. Two back cracks were repaired and cleated long ago. No top cracks, but two scratches near the bottom of the lower bout. My luthier agreed these were not cracks, but take a look at the pics and decide for yourself. When I received this uke, the bridge slots were too wide to hold a string, and a couple of the fretboard inlays were missing. The slots were plugged with wood shims- stained to match the bridge. Very nice work. The missing inlays were also seamlessly replaced (I can't remember or tell which ones). The repairs are excellent.

No other ukulele can match this model for pure mojo and historic bodacity. Comes with vintage chipboard case in excellent condition.

$850, Shipping and insurance included (to continental U.S.)
Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• Incase.jpg
    Incase.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 64
  • FRONTBACK.jpg
    FRONTBACK.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 54
  • headstockTuners.jpg
    headstockTuners.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 45
  • INLAY.jpg
    INLAY.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 46
  • TopwideSide.jpg
    TopwideSide.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
It's a beauty Ernie and a great price. Wish I could take her off you. Someone is getting an absolute ripper uke here.

Well... dang that's pretty! H'mmm can I stretch my luck & wallet? I better just lust after it from afar! Good deal to the lucky one who grabs this one!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom