1920's Martin 3K soprano

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ernie

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
1920's Martin 3K soprano- REDUCED

You all know what this one is. The most beautiful ukulele design ever conceived, which also happens to be unparalleled in sound and playability (it's a Martin). This uke features beautiful flamed Koa; original finish with lots of scratches & dings; multi-ring rosette; mahogany neck; 17-fret ebony fretboard with skunk stripe and diamond shaped inlays; koa bridge; bone nut and saddle; barrel tuners. Ivoroid parend below bridge. 3 top cracks were repaired with hide glue prior to my taking ownership. Previous owner also had the string slots filled with koa, to hold strings. Two hairlines and various dings on back, and the typical tiny stress cracks at the waist (none of which were disclosed to me when I purchased it, but I kept it anyway, because it's a treasure). Binding near parend is cracked in two places, as pictured. Bar frets are in good condition. Play wear at upper bout (you'll know why when you hear it). The uke sounds fantastic and is ready to play. It also has mojo up the wazoo. Martin called the style 3 their professional line, and the 3K was top of that line. Here are plenty of pictures. Vintage hardshell case has seen better days, but is still very cool. In the first pic the handle is fully attached, but has since come loose on one side. Despite the repairs, dings and scratches, this is a beautiful ukulele, and will make someone extraordinarily happy to play it. I'm sorry to see it go.

REDUCED- $1,950, shipped and insured to the continental US. (Paypal gift, or buyer pays Paypal fees).
Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• 001OldPic.jpg
    001OldPic.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 220
  • 0001nCase2.jpg
    0001nCase2.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 169
  • 002Full3.jpg
    002Full3.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 161
  • 003Butt.jpg
    003Butt.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 185
  • Back2.jpg
    Back2.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 142
Last edited:
You're killing me with these ukes Ernie. I've wanted every one you've listed!! We have similar taste!

Ernie! What a UKE!

Last edited:
I wish it was a 3M...

Spectacular Uke. hope you find that job soon so you have something to play!

Thanks Sam. No worries. I have a few "cold dead hands ukes" that I plan to hold on to. Thanks!

There are a couple of scratches beneath the bridge, and I wanted to take a good photo of them, as compared to the (repaired) crack. The two marks to the left are scratches- not cracks. I just don't there to be any surprises for the buyer. Thanks!
ErnieIMG_0768.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom