New Tiwi Piccolo

H

Hippie Dribble

Great to see brother John Cope back building again. Gorgeous hand made instruments.

Jon.......that was really lovely. It has a very cheerful, music box type of sound.

Yeah Dave, and he builds all by hand. like, literally. (Although I think he may have more than one electric tool now haha), but the guy is an artist. Hobbyist first, but a bloke just following his muse and his passion. I've been fortunate to own two of his instruments previously and loved em. I just jumped back on his build queue a few weeks back. His instruments are unique and made with soul. I think I have a demo somewhere of at least one of em...

edit: yep, here it is. A lovely peanut soprano uke with about 5 different different woods in the rosette!He just builds by instinct, hand carves stuff, and his instincts are good. Man I wish I had kept hold of this uke. I'm going to get him to build me another peanut soprano when my time comes around.

First off.......absolutely loved the sound and the performamce. You really looked like you were enjoying yourself with that song. The tonal presence of that "Peanut" was awesome, no wonder you want another one. So many ukes, so little time:p

Top Bottom