For Chuck Moore

Dwave

Reaction score
Just saw Ledward Kaapna at the BellyUp Tavern in San Diego play an entire set on your beautiful Ukulele you built for him. Boy is he a Master at both Slack Key and the Ukulele. He introduced your Ukulele and told the story of how he received it from you. Great story!

Just saw Ledward Kaapna at the BellyUp Tavern in San Diego play an entire set on your beautiful Ukulele you built for him. Boy is he a Master at both Slack Key and the Ukulele. He introduced your Ukulele and told the story of how he received it from you. Great story!

Hawaiians are great storytellers and Led is one of the best. They are also known as being "creative" with their stories. The version that may be closest to the truth is the time I saw Led perform one night at a Kona resort where we were staying. I had lost my wallet that night and I was headed to the front desk to report it the following morning when I ran into Ledward having breakfast. I mentioned how much I really enjoyed his show and he asked me to join him for breakfast. When the check came I told him I had no money but that I'd build him an uke instead. The uke is a tribute to Kalapana, the small village on the Big Island where he lived and learned to play. (Which is also right down the road from me.) The headstock inlay depicts the famous Kalapana black sand beach which Madame Pele claimed during the 1983 lava flow. Here's a brief clip of him playing the uke:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZNSm7N-tjc

That's one expensive breakfast!

Hey Chuck...did you ever find your wallet?

::note to self::

lift Chuck's wallet; invite him to dine with me

Hawaiians are great storytellers and Led is one of the best. They are also known as being "creative" with their stories. The version that may be closest to the truth is the time I saw Led perform one night at a Kona resort where we were staying. I had lost my wallet that night and I was headed to the front desk to report it the following morning when I ran into Ledward having breakfast. I mentioned how much I really enjoyed his show and he asked me to join him for breakfast. When the check came I told him I had no money but that I'd build him an uke instead. The uke is a tribute to Kalapana, the small village on the Big Island where he lived and learned to play. (Which is also right down the road from me.) The headstock inlay depicts the famous Kalapana black sand beach which Madame Pele claimed during the 1983 lava flow. Here's a brief clip of him playing the uke:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZNSm7N-tjc

Great story, but Leds had us laughing a little more. Awesome show and wanted to share it with you. I recognized the Ukulele from the video as I have watched many, many times.

I can see there is a long waiting list for a breakfast with Chuck :p

Led is so amazing. Every time I have gone to Hawaii I have gone to see him play. I have spent many hours listening to his CDs. What an amazing talent he is.

Led always looks like he is having so much fun when he is playing, he is a joy to watch.

Chuck and Bonnie coming to Oahu for a wedding....so we will meet before they go to the wedding....always a treat to visit with them.....:)

Remember to steal his wallet and then pick up the check :)

He doesn't know me, but tell him I said hi.

Top Bottom