FS/FT: 6 String KoAloha Pineapple Sunday w/ Tenor Neck & Hard Shell Case

Status
Not open for further replies.

rappsy

Reaction score
****THIS UKE IS NOW SOLD****

Up for sale is a Uke I recently purchased. It is the 6 string tenor neck KoAloha Pineapple Sunday.

As a huge fan of KoAloha, I didn't do as much reading as I normally do and thought that this one gave more of a concert sound, but it's actually closer to a soprano than a concert.

When played as a 4 string, it is clean and loud, as most KoAloha's are. When you play it as a 6 string, it really stands out. I have played it both ways, and it's easy to go back and forth.

Having two other KoAloha sopranos already (of the 4 KoAlohas I own), I don't need a third one.

The ukulele is gorgeous, and I believe still pretty rare given it is a 6-string. The strings are still fairly new, and it will come with the Fremont hardshell case ($105, and signed by Pops).

Price is XXX OBO (don't be shy), including CONUS shipping. With the condition, case, and relative rarity, I think that's very fair. The pictures can be seen below, and a video of the original owner playing it is available at the link below.

My lack of research is your gain.

Thanks for reading.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d85RtpwFT4Y

ps5.jpgps4.jpgps3.jpgps2.jpgps1.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, Lenny, love the sound of the six strings...looks identical to the 4 string...is the headstock similar or slightly bigger to accommodate the six strings?
Wonder what it would sound like tuned low G...Fremont squeakless with a fluorocarbon low G...but that's what makes it have that unique sound...the octave strings.

Would like to hear one of your sound samples...;)

I'm also thinking a low G would give it more of the concert sound. I've never even seen a 6 string Pineapple, I had a regular 4 string with a low G and the sound was Loud and deep. Love the tone of this one.

Both of you are right. When it came in, the 6 strings were on it and it is definitely had a fuller range when played this way. When I bought it, I wanted to use it as a 4 string most of the time with the option of having the 6. As a 4, it is more soprano, at least in my ears.

The beauty of this is that it is not very hard or time consuming to change it from a 6 to a 4 and back.

CONUS is continental US shipping. It would be extra to Hawaii or Alaska as it's more expensive to send it there.

I am the second owner. The original owner actually got it from KoAloha.

It's ready to go. Make it yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom