StewMac Shipping

Even without joining their shipping fees are reasonable. I recently ordered 100 ebony bass guitar finger boards that were on sale. They were shipped in two very large boxes for a combined rate of about 150 pounds. The shipping fee was $16.95 per box! To Hawaii! I figured they must have a $16.95 maximum fee for shipping but they lost money on me.
BTW, I also got a bonus. Inside one of the boxes was a set of Shimano brakes discs for a bicycle. Too bad I don't have a bike. I called and asked what to do with them and they told me to keep them. Anyone needs them I still got 'em.

Sounds a little like Amazon Prime, which I found to be a bit of a scam. If you're an Amazon Prime member and look up a product, the price is higher than if you're not a member. I discovered this when my brother, who has Amazon Prime, looked up a product on his computer and I looked up the same item on my computer, his price was higher than mine. Seems they add a certain amount of the shipping price to the product and don't show it as a shipping amount.

I saw something similar at Samy's Camera in Los Angeles; a few times a year they have a "no tax" sale. I had been looking at a $639 lens for a few weeks but couldn't afford it, then I went into the store on one of their no tax sale days and the price was $699. Thought the manufacturer raised their prices, but a week later I went back and that lens was $639 again.

Even without joining their shipping fees are reasonable. I recently ordered 100 ebony bass guitar finger boards that were on sale. They were shipped in two very large boxes for a combined rate of about 150 pounds. The shipping fee was $16.95 per box! To Hawaii! I figured they must have a $16.95 maximum fee for shipping but they lost money on me.
BTW, I also got a bonus. Inside one of the boxes was a set of Shimano brakes discs for a bicycle. Too bad I don't have a bike. I called and asked what to do with them and they told me to keep them. Anyone needs them I still got 'em.

That's my point! I wanted to order 12 end pins and shipping was almost 9.00! It was always irksome knowing that they easily could have fit into an USPS 5.00 box. Either way, for me it'll work great. I don't think it'll be like the Amazon Prime scam.

Last edited:
Sign me up! As a small volume builder, shipping fees kill me. When I come up 2 inches short on binding (doh!) or lose my ruby/diamond encrusted deluxe fret file (ergonomically designed and set in platinum/gold!), free shipping is gonna save me. I can't be the only one who makes a big order and then an hour after the order has shipped discover that you forgot to order that THING YOU HAVE TO HAVE! Great idea SM.

if the Shimano Brakes are brand new and say Dura Ace on them,,,they are worth something.....:)

How much for the disc brakes :)

Top Bottom