I have finally come to the other side: An open apology to the UU forum.

johnson430

Reaction score
Firstly: I am sorry. Truly sorry.
I was wrong. And I am willing to admit it. I now understand why many of you have multiple ukes.
I don't have UAS but I have finally realized the need for another uke.

How did this happen you ask?

Background:
I had tried some Worth Brown Low G stings a few months ago but hated what they did to the mango; and never tried another Low G set because I was working on the Alfred The Complete Ukulele Method. (a book series that uses high G)

Last night I put on the D'Addario EJ65TLG Pro-Arté Custom Extruded Nylon Ukulele Strings, Tenor Low-G to get ready to work on the Pekelo book that is coming in the mail that I have purchased from another UU member.

Wow, just wow. I cannot believe what deep, warm tones I am getting from the Low G string set. It sounds so...jeez, I really am at a loss for words.
But I know I don't want to take these strings off the mango for a long time.

The reality:
I still want to work on the Alfred book series and play high G for some songs but I don't want to have to keep switching the G string out.

Solution:
I need another uke.

Now I am on the prowl for another tenor. I don't know which flavor yet and the wife will have to agree; so I might be a month or two away from the actually purchase. (Those of you with wives will understand)

It also helps that the school district I work for is giving all the teachers a nice little raise this year and I was already getting a pay increase because of my new position at the school. So I will have some funds available to play with.
Hooray for raises!.

I just wanted to share this with others as I was so adamant about buying another uke.
I guess the Spanish proverb is true:
'A wise man changes his mind, a fool never will.'

Thanks for reading and I am truly sorry if I offended others with my previous posts about excessive uke purchases.

I can hear the slow, rhythmic chant building in my ears now now:
One of us. One of us. One of us.

Sincerely,
J Johnson

Last edited:
Looking forward to a NUD from you!

All is forgiven. Looking forward to many more NUDs from you in the months to come.

Signed,
UAS sufferer

Aye brother, there are many rivers to cross...

:cheers:

I was wrong. And I am willing to admit it. I now understand why many of you have multiple ukes.

Solution:
I need another uke.

Now I am on the prowl for another tenor. ...

I have two things to say:

1 - Welcome to the Club! :music:

and

2 - 'It takes one to know one' (and I mean that in a good way, and that once you've walked in someones shoes, it's easier to have an understanding about their 'situation') :)

It's all good!

Aye brother, there are many rivers to cross...

:cheers:

Your comment made me think of the Talking Heads song 'Take Me To The River' --

...(and drop me in the water), and that those folks who do not love the uke as much just yet, have not yet been baptized with our (OUR meaning UU members') Uke-Faith and not yet learnt all the 'rituals' ha ha :) [such as UAS]

Good one Jon! :shaka:

Confession is good for the soul and UAS is good for the heart. More ukes equals more joy, not much wrong with that.

Sorry to disappoint you but you have been infected.

One uke leads to another and you think that'll be enough.

You're wrong.

The second leads to the third and the third leads to...

And so on.

Of course it's possible that the domestic authorities can force you into remission but that's not a cure. It's actually incurable. There's always a rationalisation for another one.

Just accept it gracefully.

And here, I thought you were just starting to make some real sense, J Johnson.

Your comment made me think of the Talking Heads song 'Take Me To The River' --

...(and drop me in the water)

Sorry Booli, please don't take this as overly pedantic, but Take Me To The River is an Al Green song. I do love a lot of the Talking Heads stuff, but Rev. Green's version is unsurpased.

They all come over ,...........eventually . Mwa ha ha

Having both linear and a reentrant ukes is really nice. I'm not wedded to either tuning, I like having both. So two concerts for me. And one nice soprano, because a soprano is the classic uke sound. Oh and a beater uke, to take around the shady places. ;)

Ah, come on in! The water's fine! ;-)

Look forward to hearing what you select for #2.

Your sin of 1 Uke only is forgiven. Now get yourself another one for High G and have a great time!

I loved the Pono Pro Classics so much, I have a re entrant and a Low G Tenor Uke for the same reason.

Cheers.

Sorry Booli, please don't take this as overly pedantic, but Take Me To The River is an Al Green song. I do love a lot of the Talking Heads stuff, but Rev. Green's version is unsurpased.

No worries at all!

In fact, you informed me of Al Green's version as the originator of this song (and I am learning of this for the first time from you!), which I found lots of details on the Wikipedia page, and it seems that when the Talking Heads came out with it as a single in 1978, 3 other groups did also in that same year. The version that I know is from the live concert movie/album 'Stop Making Sense' which was VERY popular when I was in high school in the mid-to-late 1980's...and thanks for sharing, as I'm now going to track down your favorite version on YouTube for a good listen. :)

No need to apologize. We knew you were kidding.
Happy hunting!

Thanks everyone for the kind words and awesome posts. And I learned that Al Green did "Take Me to the River" originally.Thanks, greenie.
Like Booli, I thought it was a Talking Heads song, and I pride myself on my musical knowledge.

This is such a great forum full of awesome people.
I wanted to respond individually to everyone but I hope this will suffice.

BTW, I dropped a hint to the wife tonight. First hurdle is complete. :nana:

Johnson

And y'all be sure to read this now, y'hear?002.jpg
Uh-huh I'm lookin at you :p

Top Bottom