Performed at my first open mic

Reaction score
Since I'm under 18 there aren't a whole lot of open mic opportunities in my area (most seem to be at bars). But, I did luck out and find one close to me, and even better they asked to come back every month!!

So excited!

My mom is trying to find more so I can start doing them at least 2 or 3 times a month for now.

:)

Autumn Skylar

I also sang It's Time by Imagine Dragons

I'm not surprised that you were invited back. You have a beautiful voice. I sincerely hope you stay with it. If you notice, the background noise dropped off considerably. Not everyone captures the crowd like you did.

That was an amazing and inspirational performance. You had me in tears before the end of the first verse.

I love the way you sing and play. Your cover of this song has become my new favorite version of Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah.

Thanks for sharing your video with us. :)

Autumn, I want to word this so that you understand that I'm encouraging you to cultivate your obviously really good raw talent. In the early 1970s, I was the road manager and TV production assistant for the Johnny Mann Singers, a group of 18 professional singers brought together for a TV series and for touring around the country. Something that surprised me about those "pros" was that they took regular voice lessons. If you're not doing so now, taking voice lessons is extremely valuable. I know there's this idea out there not to mess with your voice, but voice lessons are far more beneficial to raw talent than detrimental.

Last edited:
Your love for the song shows. Great job. Thank you (Not "thank yuh")

Very nice, Autumn. Definitely keep at it.

I would like to second Mike's suggestion of a vocal coach - even for a couple lessons. You have excellent pitch, but learning proper technique will vastly improve your dynamic and vocal range, and will significantly reduce the risk of injury. (Vocal chord injury is actually very common in singers. Don't be a statistic...)

Otherwise, have fun.

Good job, Autumn! Very nice vocals. I wonder if you might be more comfortable with a strap, if you are going to be performing standing up. I find it really does take some of the tension out of your arms and hands and gives me faster, cleaner chord changes. Just a thought.

Top Bottom