PDA

View Full Version : Moore Bettah on eBay

anthonyg
08-21-2015, 09:14 PM
Hi all, A Moore Bettah has been on sale for a few hours on eBay with a buy it now price. I don't think it will last. Someones slipping!

Anthony

NatalieS
08-22-2015, 12:58 AM
That's the same uke that's listed on ukulelefriend's website. It's a really pretty one. Someone will have a great instrument.

upskydowncloud
08-22-2015, 03:22 AM
Link here (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CUSTOM-MOORE-BETTAH-TENOR-UKULELE-studio-recording-at-Ukulelefriend-com-/271964048034)if anyone is interested.

flailingfingers
08-23-2015, 12:26 PM
It's a goner.

flailingfingers
08-24-2015, 02:07 AM
I should add that I got it. Seems appropriate that someone from UU will play it. I resisted UAS for a long time but this was just too much. If I had ordered a new MB from scratch this is pretty much what I would have ordered. I like the cleaner look with less art and the woods are perfect. It should arrive this week. Nice folks to deal with at Ukulele Friend. Shawn was up and running early on Sunday morning.

LittleCeci
08-24-2015, 02:19 AM
Congratulations! Welcome to MB family ;)
I should add that I got it. Seems appropriate that someone from UU will play it. I resisted UAS for a long time but this was just too much. If I had ordered a new MB from scratch this is pretty much what I would have ordered. I like the cleaner look with less art and the woods are perfect. It should arrive this week. Nice folks to deal with at Ukulele Friend. Shawn was up and running early on Sunday morning.

wickedwahine11
08-24-2015, 02:37 AM

Congratulations! :)

mm stan
08-24-2015, 02:40 AM
Congratulations and welcome to the moore bettah club... :)

hollisdwyer
08-24-2015, 04:23 AM
Lucky bugger! One day maybe it will be me. Congratulations on a great buy!

Patrick Madsen
08-24-2015, 05:57 AM
Yes, Welcome tot the MB Family. You're going to love it .

Dan Uke
08-24-2015, 06:21 AM
congrats!!!

mkatz
08-24-2015, 08:22 AM
Congratulations and welcome to the family!

Mitch

mds725
08-24-2015, 08:32 AM
Congratulations and welcome to the MB family! Don't forget to ask Shawn for the secret handshake!

Doc_J
08-24-2015, 10:32 AM

Congrats. That was a great decision.

bearbike137
08-24-2015, 11:23 AM
Well, you blew it. You are now officially banned from the "Can't afford a Moore Bettah" Club. Please return your membership card. You are going to miss us, buddy. And don't even think about wearing the CAAMB t-shirt around town. Personally, I am SO done with you.... ahem, for awhile.... hopefully not too long... you get what I'm saying? .... shh, don't tell the guys....

flailingfingers
08-24-2015, 03:38 PM
Well, you blew it. You are now officially banned from the "Can't afford a Moore Bettah" Club. Please return your membership card. You are going to miss us, buddy. And don't even think about wearing the CAAMB t-shirt around town. Personally, I am SO done with you.... ahem, for awhile.... hopefully not too long... you get what I'm saying? .... shh, don't tell the guys....

Can't fault you bearbike. I don't think I ever said anything bad about expensive ukes on the forum but who knows...in a fog of envy perhaps. I do get what you're saying... should I pass on any new MB listing that come up? Just between us of course.
I have burned my CAAMB shirt.
Been gone from the computer all day so it was nice to check in and see all the "congrats". I thank you all. :)

Camsuke
08-24-2015, 03:49 PM
Well done! Congratulations on a great buy.

bigphil
08-24-2015, 03:50 PM
WHOO Hoo! Congrats!

fretie
08-24-2015, 05:53 PM
It didn't happen if there's no photo! Let's see a few snaps of your new beauty once she arrives, please!

mm stan
08-24-2015, 09:35 PM
Okay who is JCR? congratulations on your slick bid move :)

bearbike137
08-25-2015, 02:31 AM
Okay who is JCR? congratulations on your slick bid move :)

Wrong thread, Stan! :)

flailingfingers
08-25-2015, 03:49 AM
It didn't happen if there's no photo! Let's see a few snaps of your new beauty once she arrives, please!

It was on the Ukulele Friend site with photos and a video of it being played...beautiful sound production by the way. I tried to go there just now but it has been removed of course...no longer available. I'll try to get some photos myself once it arrives but that means I need to take time off from playing it so not sure when that will happen.

mds725
08-25-2015, 07:36 AM

The eBay listing has photos and is still up. Someone posted a link to the eBay auction in post #3, but here it is again.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CUSTOM-MOORE-BETTAH-TENOR-UKULELE-studio-recording-at-Ukulelefriend-com-/271964048034?nma=true&si=DzkLxla4dFKOsZO%252BawtMFjbslTM%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

flailingfingers
08-30-2015, 08:33 AM
OK. Going to keep this simple and short. I could wax eloquent. But no. Short and sweet. The MBU has arrived. It is wonderful in all ways. Sound, appearance and playability. Never having seen a MBU in person nor played one I was unsure if there was a bit of of overzealousness involved with the owners on the forum.....kind of a cult thing going on. If so, I am now one of the cult.

stevejfc
08-30-2015, 09:40 AM
Congrats and WELCOME!

Debby
08-30-2015, 09:55 AM
OK. Going to keep this simple and short. I could wax eloquent. But no. Short and sweet. The MBU has arrived. It is wonderful in all ways. Sound, appearance and playability. Never having seen a MBU in person nor played one I was unsure if there was a bit of of overzealousness involved with the owners on the forum.....kind of a cult thing going on. If so, I am now one of the cult.

I got a good chuckle from that cult comment.

flailingfingers
08-31-2015, 08:53 AM
Ok ok then..waxing a bit more: the uke arrived in perfect condition. Shawn described it as "mint" and, if anything. that was an understatement. Not a mark of any sort at all anywhere. Perfect. Shawn at Ukulele Friend was solid to work with. The best. Highly recommended. Also, I've been in touch with Chuck Moore by email. What a nice guy as most all of you already know. Answers right away and doesn't seem to mind being pestered with questions by a second hand buyer. Classy all the way. There is real aloha spirit there.