Dear Prudence (ukulele/bass/cajon)

Nice job! Great song..

What a lovely interpretation!

This is impressive.

What model cajon did you use? I am trying to find one that has some bass to it....but budget!

It is J. Leiva Alma Classe.

Thank you, Demetrius. If you don't mind me asking: are you a trained drummer?

My reason for asking is I know nothing about drumming but would like to get a cajon for my home recording of silly grandpa songs. I am looking at a Meinl model at Amazon, for under $100 and am looking for a low cost percussion, with some form of 'bass drum' sound.

If you don't mind me asking: are you a trained drummer?
Well, I'm absolutely not. I just bought this cajon just couple of months ago. Never had played before nor drums nor any percussions.
Buying cajon was kinda adventurous. I like the model I got. But I don't feel competent enough to advice something definite.
I just was ready to spend some money and to go for something in the middle segment...

Well, I'm absolutely not. I just bought this cajon just couple of months ago. Never had played before nor drums nor any percussions.
Buying cajon was kinda adventurous. I like the model I got. But I don't feel competent enough to advice something definite.
I just was ready to spend some money and to go for something in the middle segment...

Your playing is perfect for the song. Too often there is a competition of sorts, and we lose the beauty of understatement (see sitcoms) but your videos are such that I play them in the background (via the magic of blue tooth) just to enjoy the music!

Top Bottom