What inspires your creativity?

Sunshine, palm trees, warm temperatures and an occasional beer.

The here and now 'cause there's no evidence of anything waiting for me when I die.

Pretty much everything inspires me to write and be creative. Whether what I CREATE is decent, varies from item to item. But I'm always onto something.

"Sad" music and Gin

It depends on which area I'm being creative:

Needlework and sewing - usually out of necessity and being a penny pincher - I make my own messenger bags, quilts, cushions etc.
Novels, stories, etc - my dreams (I can literally dream a complete plot), or film sound tracks.
Dog Training - watching dog dancing.
Music - Just playing the instrument, it just sort of comes together. I've also dreamt songs etc.
Gardening and flower arranging - Symmetry
Colours to wear - I just go with what colour I feel I need for the day.

I'm a very creative person. :)

Actually, these two...

puppies.jpg

I'm like and above poster.....everything! Just last night I whipped out a song about Monday's because my kid was bemoaning the fact that in the morning it would be. In case your interested here it is...just needs a tune now and some tweaking and it's done.

Some Monday’s are good
Some Monday’s so, so
Some Monday’s have fog
Some Monday’s have snow

And then there are times that they’ve gone so fast
It seems like there was no Monday at all

The slow one’s they drag
And my Monday eyes close

Sometimes I think I’ve had
All the Monday’s I can hold

How many are left?
In a lifetime I’m told
You’ll have somewhere round 4,054

And that’s only if
You live till your 78
I’m tellin’ you now
Those Monday’s can’t wait

I’m tellin’ you now
That number’s so small

Hear, hear, to all Monday’s
Until that last call!

Odd things. Common things. Hot images. Daydreams. Boredom, yes, and deadlines. And stuff I concentrate on.

Inspiration ain't enough. Perspiration matters more. I post fiction on a site whose Story Ideas forum is flooded with inspiration, mostly unrealized. I have folders filled with great ideas, great first lines and plots, which I'll likely never complete because it's a lot of damn work. ("Writing is easy. You just sit at the typewriter and bleed." --Hemingway)

I find I must build my inspiration. Maybe pick an 11/4 rhythm, write words to it, then devise a melody for it. Maybe pick a set of images and force myself to collage them, harmoniously or otherwise. Maybe choose characters and locales at random and write their story. An inspired idea alone is insufficient. Gotta crack the whip, do something with it. Tea break's over; back on your heads.

Hippie Dribble.

Top Bottom